No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Destroys Bermane Stiverne in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Karoriori View Post
    Makes career sense and fun for fans but Wilder will never fight on an AJ card if he's not fighting AJ. His ego wouldn't allow it. This is a guy who thinks he's worth 7 mill to fight Whyte but struggles to fill Alabama high school gymnasiums.
    This. At that level everyone has to have an ego, but if Wilder can't see that getting £4m+ to spark out Whyte (who is massively overrated but would be one of the best names on Wilders CV by a mile) on a co-main event in the UK which then makes a summer showdown with AJ for ALL the belts - then that isn't ego, that is ducking.

Saying that, I also think it's fair for Wilder to ask for that to in writing and can't see why Hearn wouldn't do that two fight contract either...

Comment

• I said Wilder would have to blow Stiverne away, and he did, so kudos to him. However, what level of opposition did the 39-year-old portly former WBC titleholder REALLY represent?

Now Wilder has only one way to go. And that is up. I feel the fans will let up on him a little in response to this performance, but we all know that Wilder still hasn't been tested.

I would like to see him fight Whyte, Miller, Hughie Fury, Andy Ruiz Jr by early next year in preparation for unification fights in the mid to late part of 2018.

It just remains to be seen who faces who, who ducks who, and the usual boxing sideshow. And these unification fights ought to happen because the division is so light on talent, fans will scarcely put up with the rubbish that's been dished out between 2015 and the beginning of this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by springfiels View Post
        if Wilder can't see that getting £4m+ to spark out Whyte (who is massively overrated but would be one of the best names on Wilders CV by a mile) on a co-main event in the UK which then makes a summer showdown with AJ for ALL the belts - then that isn't ego, that is ducking.

Saying that, I also think it's fair for Wilder to ask for that to in writing and can't see why Hearn wouldn't do that two fight contract either...
        I agree that the best move would be for Wilder to travel to the U.K to co-feature on a card fighting former Joshua victim Whyte, while AJ fights Hughie Fury or someone else; that makes the most sense (in $ terms as well as preparation) as they can pack out stadia over there in the vicinity of 90,000 - Wilder can get a feel for what it's like over there and they can get in each others faces to hype the mega-fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
          If you're new to boxing, how do you know Wilder had no "technique whatsoever"?
          Lol. Take it easy on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karoriori View Post
            Makes career sense and fun for fans but Wilder will never fight on an AJ card if he's not fighting AJ. His ego wouldn't allow it. This is a guy who thinks he's worth 7 mill to fight Whyte but struggles to fill Alabama high school gymnasiums.
            Wtf if hearns dumb ass is offering 4 for Whyte **** id ask for 7 to see if his stupid ass add another mil or 2.

Comment

• Hell of a knock out

Wilder has big time power you can't deny that

Stiverne didn't want to be in that ring after the first jab

Think wilder Joshua will be closer than I first thought

If one of those windmil hooks hits any heavy it's gonna do serious damage

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Lol @ weak minded fans that can't come to terms with shyt so they claim fights were thrown...
                Always happens...

You're right. Fights are never fixed in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                  Hell of a knock out

Wilder has big time power you can't deny that

Stiverne didn't want to be in that ring after the first jab

Think wilder Joshua will be closer than I first thought

If one of those windmil hooks hits any heavy it's gonna do serious damage
                  Kinda funny how Brits think a bend,curve and so on makes a punch a hook. I only bring it up because I've heard your announcers call punches hooks that would be impossible to be thrown as a hook. Plus the posters on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
                    Kinda funny how Brits think a bend,curve and so on makes a punch a hook. I only bring it up because I've heard your announcers call punches hooks that would be impossible to be thrown as a hook. Plus the posters on this board.
                    Mate he's started the last combo from his hip

Call it whatever you want he has power in it and it's unpredictable

I'm not hating it works

Comment

• Originally posted by methodcal View Post
                      Wtf if hearns dumb ass is offering 4 for Whyte **** id ask for 7 to see if his stupid ass add another mil or 2.
                      I'm sure that sum was after multiple offers. 4.5 straight off the bat no way. Wilder and his team should be thanking Hearn. The AJ fight will happen one day regardless but go to the UK knock over Whyte earn a few million and increase your purse significantly for the AJ fight. It's not rocket science. But if team Wilder want to price themselves out and refuse to negotiate reasonably that's their problem they can fight AJ down the line for less. 7 mill for Whyte is ludicrous in fact 4 mill for Whyte is too!

Comment

Working...
                      X