Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Devon Alexander such an under rated fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, he lost to Kotelnik, quit vs Bradley, Definatly lost to Matthysse. Won his ww title vs Bailey in a disgustingly boring fight cuz of his hit and hold style. Got worked by Porter. Those are my reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      This guy has a deep resume and has taken on some of the most feared punchers in boxing and has beaten them. A two weight champion in some of the most competitive classes and is always ready to take on anybody as demonstrated by his upcoming fight against Amir Khan, but I don't see too many people giving him any props. He is still 27, don't forget.
      Simple reason: while he's not a bad fighter, he never lived up to the insane hype he was getting before the Kotelnik and Bradley fights. A lot of people who think quick hands and a southpaw stance equals greatness thought he was the next big thing, and are now punishing him for their own mistake.

Comment

It's partly because he quit in the Bradley fight that people were put off by Alexander.. he is a good fighter though, first time I saw him I thought he was world class against an old Junior Witter, then he went and KOd Urango and it reinforced how good he was, but the Kotelnik fight followed which was a difficult fight for him, then he quits against Bradley and it looked like he might be on the decline.. but he has come back with some good wins since then so he is definitely still a tough opponent for anyone

Comment

He's a good boxer I rate him.

Comment

All these Khan fans talking **** about Alexander are now going to hype him up and pretend he beat Matthysse and Kotelnik.

Comment

He's rated right where he should be. A welterweight contender in the mix for a big fight.

Comment

He's pretty average and he makes hideous noises when he punches making him almost unwatchable. Kotelnik shut him out and he still got the nod, He also should never have been the decision against Matthyse, then there was 'It burns' against Bradley.

HE certainly has talent though, but seems to shrivel up on the bigger occasions or when he's put under pressure.

Comment

why are andreas kotelnik so under rated?

Comment

He's a decent fighter but he's completely uninteresting to me.

Also, khan fan boys and some of their threads make me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      All these Khan fans talking **** about Alexander are now going to hype him up and pretend he beat Matthysse and Kotelnik.
                      Cut Khan fans some slack. Khan is one of the most unfairly hated boxers, so it's only natural that his fans feel the need to compensate for all the negativity he gets. I admit they (we) overdo it sometimes.

Btw I for one don't think Devon is that great a choice for Khan. The risk/reward ratio is not that good. If Khan wins, people will be like whatever, Devon su.cks, exposed bum Porter kicked his ass etc. If Khan loses... his days as a world class boxer are over.

I would have preferred him to fight Guerrero instead. Same reward, less risk (more durable but slower and probably less powerful).

Comment

Working...
                      X