No announcement yet.

Any one here collect fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    I'll never agree with you more than I do here. Hell, I'd have killed for a VCR when I was young
    Me too, they have made everything so much easier. I just set everything and hope the show on before boxing doesn't run over. The last thing I need is half a womens softball game and half a boxing show.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I have a vast collection. Mainly recorded on video, brought on video or brought on DVD.

I'm a nightmare on computers and things like that so I don't tend to download fights. I have some downloads, but not many at all. When I watch fights I like to sit down and watch them on the Television, just how I like it.

The only time I really spend time on the computer watching fights is on Youtube. It really is amazing how much footage is on there. I'd have killed for Youtube when I was young. The youngsters these days have it luckier than they could ever imagine.

I know Poet has a vast collection also.
    IronDan if you ever want to see a dvd list that might shock you let me now and I'll PM you a link.

Comment

Anyone who wants to help or point me in the right direction, I am looking to start collecting fights on my HDD, if anyone has some they want to share, etc.

Youtube gets old, otherwise all I have is the gym recordings at my gym, but I am not there all the time, thought I should be.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Anyone who wants to help or point me in the right direction, I am looking to start collecting fights on my HDD, if anyone has some they want to share, etc.

Youtube gets old, otherwise all I have is the gym recordings at my gym, but I am not there all the time, thought I should be.
        Wraps, if you get youtube dowloader you can put them on DVD, ive been doing this for my older brother who is a fight fan also and for his birthday i gave him a collection of morales' greatest hits beginning with Zaragosa and ending with the first Pac fight!

Comment

Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
          Wraps, if you get youtube dowloader you can put them on DVD, ive been doing this for my older brother who is a fight fan also and for his birthday i gave him a collection of morales' greatest hits beginning with Zaragosa and ending with the first Pac fight!
          Where do I get this Youtube downloader?

Comment

From 1985 to 1997 I taped every fight that was on television, regular tv, cable, whatever. Four round prelims, main events, all of them. Then I started buying tapes of old fights from a guy that had an ad in the back of Ring. I probably bought 2500 fights from him, from Les Darcy, to Benny Leonard, up to modern fighters in fights I hadn't seen.
            If anybody has a copy of James Pipps vs Carmelo Negron, that would be one to share. What a war...a 10 round draw and both guys got 60 day medical suspensions.

Comment

Ive got a pretty nice collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                I'll never agree with you more than I do here. Hell, I'd have killed for a VCR when I was young
                We shared the same pain, friend.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  IronDan if you ever want to see a dvd list that might shock you let me now and I'll PM you a link.
                  Yeah, why not.

I don't think I'll be as shocked as you think though

Unless you have all the Johnson-Moore fights in entirety or some Young Griffo or Harry Greb Then I'd be shocked.

Send me a PM, I'm interested in seeing it.

Comment

Got a 2 TB External HDD just for fights I download and I've got a whole lot of DVDs. Had a lot on VHS but spent all my time converting them to DVD and got rid of them as soon as I could, took up way too much space dunno how people could still have them .

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                      Got a 2 TB External HDD just for fights I download and I've got a whole lot of DVDs. Had a lot on VHS but spent all my time converting them to DVD and got rid of them as soon as I could, took up way too much space dunno how people could still have them .

Sentimental value.

I still have a VCR I use that I had like 15-16 years ago and works perfectly fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X