Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Rios is completely done at 135? Who's next. . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Rios is completely done at 135? Who's next. . .

Is he now officially a 140 pound fighter? Absolutely no return to 135?

Who do you think will be his first fight at 140? I think he will have more problems with the heavy handed guys at 140 because of his style. . .

Id like to see Rios and Bredis Prescott fight or Maidana

Comment

I'd love to see him & Lucas throw down, I'd favor Lucas in that 1.

Comment

Diaz said they getting a cook to see if 135 possible

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
          Is he now officially a 140 pound fighter? Absolutely no return to 135?

Who do you think will be his first fight at 140? I think he will have more problems with the heavy handed guys at 140 because of his style. . .
          he was baby steps away from a hospital visit the last time he tried to make 135

i've never seen a fighter look so drained of weight.

rios has been a jr ww or even a WW in terms of walking around weight for some time now.

i think he's still going to be very physical at 140

there arent going to be many guys willing to trade with him, even in the top ten
          there's maidana and basically nobody else, especially with bradley looking to WW and ortiz who grew out of the division a while ago

mathysse might be able to match his chin and power, but he'll probably try and box and take advantage of his faster hands and feet

i do see improvements in rios

he used to get hit flush often

in his most recent fights he's gotten his gloves up a bit and has started to take the steam off of the stuff he does catch by rolling with it or getting a glove on it

that being said, his style is certainly not the kind that often leads to a long career in boxing with the ability to move up in weight and fight larger men
          Last edited by New England; 01-06-2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

How can he possibly be finished at 135, a cook wtf? dude needs to get a nutritionist to bring his fat arse in on weight, he carrying a good few pounds of puppy fat

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              he was baby steps away from a hospital visit the last time he tried to make 135

i've never seen a fighter look so drained of weight.

rios has been a jr ww or even a WW in terms of walking around weight for some time now.

i think he's still going to be very physical at 140

there arent going to be many guys willing to trade with him, even in the top ten
              there's maidana and basically nobody else, especially with bradley looking to WW and ortiz who grew out of the division a while ago

mathysse might be able to match his chin and power, but he'll probably try and box and take advantage of his faster hands and feet

i do see improvements in rios

he used to get hit flush often

in his most recent fights he's gotten his gloves up a bit and has started to take the steam off of the stuff he does catch by rolling with it or getting a glove on it

that being said, his style is certainly not the kind that often leads to a long career in boxing with the ability to move up in weight and fight larger men
              Not true.

There is Lucas Matthyssee, Marcos Maidana, Mike Alvarado, Lamont Peterson, a that coward @ss ducker Humberto Soto.

If you ask me, I think it will be Peterson as it makes sense for both sides to make this bout.

Lamont gets a nice title defense, possible in his home area and a chance to avenge his brothers loss.

Rios, gets a shot at the #1 guy that has a style that matches up perfectly with his.

I also like the Alvarado bout, but I think they make give Mike 1-2 more fights before throwing him in with a big name (due to him struggling with Prescott prior to the TKO).

Comment

i want Rios-Maidana please

Comment

Guerrero, why not? One of them will come out of that looking like the next great thing at 140.

Comment

Any combination between Rios, Maidana, Matthyse, and Alvarado would be FOY material.

Comment

Working...
                    X