Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Disturbing Trend - Sugar Ray Leonard Haters!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you ask 100 boxing fans if beating lelonde add to srl's legacy then 100 boxing fans will tell you no.

Comment

another stupid ass thread by a stupid ass poster.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
        and if there was a prime Aaron Pryor at 140, SRL would refuse to fight him
        You sir, are a Sugar Ray Leonard hating ***** - like all *****s seem to be. The *****s, like their hero, are so insecure about their hero's legacy that they would rather bash a true legend who retired years ago rather than face up to the reality that Floyd just ruined his own legacy by ducking the real threats of his time. Unlike Sugar Ray who ducked no one. Fighting Hagler and Hearns instead of Pryor is the brave man's action. Stop hatin' on a true legend, you insecure *****.

Comment

Say whatever you want about the titles, but he has 4 ATG on his resume.

Hagler
          Hearns
          Duran
          Benitez

The guy came off a 3 year layoff and fought Marvin Hagler and upset him.

Comment

Originally posted by Flomo Tard View Post
            As far as I am concerned, Sugar Ray Leonard is a top 10 p4p fighter of all time.

This is why I find this new trend of Leonard haters so awfully disturbing. These haters like to make the ridiculous assumption that since Leonard fought for and won Donny Lelonde's light heavyweight (175 lbs.) title at a "catchweight" of 168 lbs. then that title is not valid.

They also claim that when Leonard won the vacant super middleweight title on that very same fight (when neither he nor Lelonde was rated in the top 10 of that division) then that title must be a hoax too.

When these haters claim that Leonard is really only a 3 time champion - not a 5 time champion - all that these haters are really proving is the level of their ignorance and stupidity. "peeleft:

Long live Sugar Ray Leonard!! And may all of the haters rot in hell!!!
            The hate is stemming from today's Floyd and Manny nuthuggers, to substantiate their nuthugging, they need to consistently hate on similar situations (i.e. 154 title @ 151 lbs).

I for one sees that as a great feat for SRL, it was during the time when belts meant (a little) something. Fighting at that level usually means a belt (or two) will be part of the mix.

Comment

The only thing i could say against SRL is that he seemed to deteriorate quite young, and he didnt have that many fights as well.

Comment

As far as I am concerned, Sugar Ray Leonard is a top 10 p4p fighter of all time.

This is why I find this new trend of Leonard haters so awfully disturbing. These haters like to make the ridiculous assumption that since Leonard fought for and won Donny Lelonde's light heavyweight (175 lbs.) title at a "catchweight" of 168 lbs. then that title is not valid.

They also claim that when Leonard won the vacant super middleweight title on that very same fight (when neither he nor Lelonde was rated in the top 10 of that division) then that title must be a hoax too.

When these haters claim that Leonard is really only a 3 time champion - not a 5 time champion - all that these haters are really proving is the level of their ignorance and stupidity. "peeleft:

Long live Sugar Ray Leonard!! And may all of the haters rot in hell!!!
                I am not nor have I ever been a fan of SUgar Ray Leonard's. great boxer but I think he is the fakest boxer ever , other than ODH. Can't deny his greatness.

Comment

You sir, are a Sugar Ray Leonard hating ***** - like all *****s seem to be. The *****s, like their hero, are so insecure about their hero's legacy that they would rather bash a true legend who retired years ago rather than face up to the reality that Floyd just ruined his own legacy by ducking the real threats of his time. Unlike Sugar Ray who ducked no one. Fighting Hagler and Hearns instead of Pryor is the brave man's action. Stop hatin' on a true legend, you insecure *****.
                  Amazingly,I agree,he ducked Prior but fought Hearns(huge)&Hagler,does that even make sense,seriously??
                  That's like ducking a beagle to fight a pit bull,or 2!!

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
                    Amazingly,I agree,he ducked Prior but fought Hearns(huge)&Hagler,does that even make sense,seriously??
                    That's like ducking a beagle to fight a pit bull,or 2!!
                    Yes it does. he waited 5 yrs to fight Marvin. He wouldn't fight Pryor because Aaron gave him fits in the amatuers/olympic boxoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Yes it does. he waited 5 yrs to fight Marvin. He wouldn't fight Pryor because Aaron gave him fits in the amatuers/olympic boxoffs.
                      Please explain Hearns!!

Comment

Working...
                      X