No announcement yet.

Hit n' Hold in boxing is what Lay n' Pray is to MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
    I'm sick of these AAs clinching and hittin' and praised for it. WTF. I'd hate to bring this fighter's name up, but John Ruiz was the butt of jokes due to this type of fighting.

But when a fighter like Ward and Wife Beater, they are praised for that type of strategy, as if it's some great athletic feat.
    I don't care what juice his fans have been drinking, Ward is not a p4p guy and not a legit fighter. Dude is as much of a fake cheat as anyone I have ever seen. Hopkins resorted to the punch, clinch technique later in career to mitigate the effects of his slowed reflexes.

Ward is supposed to be this next coming of leonard or something and he is in his prime yet he hardly ever even throws more than one punch at a time and clinches after every punch he throws, he headbutts, and holds his opponent's arms so they can't get free to punch.

Dude needs to go to the mma because what he does isn't boxing, it's some coward crap that only his hometown, homecooked judging and ref combo would accept. Hometown fights, with the refs and judges coming from Cali.................wtf is that joke of a setup? Dude is a fluke
    Last edited by mathed; 11-28-2010, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X