No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa Returns in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    Totally, the crazy thing is, his fight on Saturday came about because the Mexican promoter reached out to him. 50 didn't even get him the fight.
    that's interesting. I know Gamboa has been exploring the option of building a career in mexico for a while now.

Comment

From Headlining a fight on hbo to fighting in a bar in Mexico. I'd call that being done.

Comment

who cares honestly, you think any major promoter is gonna give him a shot with their fighters even if he wins this fight? he had one shot to put himself back into the mix and he blew it bigtime.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
          vs Joel Montes de Oca

Where does Gamboa go after this win? (given he wins)
          If he wins this Gamboa will get his ass beat down by Mikey Garcia likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
            who cares honestly, you think any major promoter is gonna give him a shot with their fighters even if he wins this fight? he had one shot to put himself back into the mix and he blew it bigtime.
            What fight were you watching? Gamboa gained a lot of respect and marketability, even in a loss. Gamboa-Crawford is one of the highest rated fights of the year. I could definitely see a TV network like HBO forcing a (future) super featherweight to fight Gamboa. Walters looks massive for 126...Only a matter of time before he moves up. There's rumors of Lomachenko eventually moving up to 130. Also, let's not forget about the Mikey Garcia fight(although, that seems like a long shot at this point).

i could see HBO forcing those fights in the near future. What Gamboa needs to do is leave his part time promoter and sign with someone who will keep him active.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
              If he wins this Gamboa will get his ass beat down by Mikey Garcia likely.
              mikey is going to 140 soon, fights never gonna happen

Comment

Working...
              X