No announcement yet.

Ortiz was the 3rd best HW in the division hands down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortiz was the 3rd best HW in the division hands down

Idk if he'll ever be the same after what Wilder did to him but pre-Wilder it was obvious & after tonight it should be even more obvious, Ortiz was flat out better than both men. I'm not even sure AJ beats him after seeing the success Whyte had with his left hand.

Neither Whyte or Parker have Ortiz's skills or even power for that matter, physically he's about the same size as them. Both men are very limited brawlers, Ortiz on the other hand a gifted southpaw boxer-puncher.

No it wasn't obvious. He beat nobody to come to that conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Idk if he'll ever be the same after what Wilder did to him but pre-Wilder it was obvious & after tonight it should be even more obvious, Ortiz was flat out better than both men. I'm not even sure AJ beats him after seeing the success Whyte had with his left hand.

Neither Whyte or Parker have Ortiz's skills or even power for that matter, physically he's about the same size as them. Both men are very limited brawlers, Ortiz on the other hand a gifted southpaw boxer.
      Ortiz is an Olympic reject unlike Povetkin who is a gold medalist.

Comment

Roid Freak is Pov.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          No it wasn't obvious. He beat nobody to come to that conclusion.
          He handled Thompson AND Jennings far easier than Wlad did.

What has Whyte & Parker done? One guy had a razor thin fight with Chisora, the other Fury/Ruiz.

Whyte is so basic he gets in a brawl every single fight when has he ever put on a boxing clinic? Against an obese Lucas Browne?

Comment

It's clear as day Ortiz has the best skills amongst the top heavyweights from the eye test, no matter who he has or hasn't fought, you should be able to see this.

Lomachenko can fight 10 bums, you will still clearly see his skills. Although he is proven, lets just say he is just an "olympic reject" (like someone in this thread just called Ortiz) in this example - if he were to turn pro and display/showcase the skills that we've seen him show, he is still that skillful, period.

Lets look through Terrence Crawford's resume:

Yes he unified 140, but look at who he did it against. Gamboa was his best win and was a blown up midget 130 pounder, Postol just lost to Josh Taylor convincingly, Indongo was just KO'd by Prograis in shorter amount of time then Crawford, Diaz just lost to Santana, and Horn was the weakest Champion at Welterweight since Pauli Malignaggi.

Let's face it, his resume is GARBAGE. But from the eye test, we can clearly see he is the man atm I would put him at #2 p4p in the world atm behind Lomachenko.

My point is, Ortiz from what I can see, is the most skilled heavyweight in the world. In fact, Terrance Crawford and Naazim Richardson agree with me. I can pull up sources if anyone requests.
            Last edited by lolpz; 07-28-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Might be. Depends on how Povetkin looks against Joshua.

Comment

and ike ikebuchi is the greatest of all time. oh wait his resume actually sh-its all over ortiz's so that doesnt even work. how about valero is the greatest of all time. clearly. look at his skills

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  and ike ikebuchi is the greatest of all time. oh wait his resume actually sh-its all over ortiz's so that doesnt even work. how about valero is the greatest of all time. clearly. look at his skills
                  So you are telling me that when you watch Ike Ikebuchi fight, you see the greatest fighter of all time?

And same for Valero?

Man that's a bit far fetched. I was talking about Ortiz being the most skilled heavyweight in the division(not even the best heavyweight since skills don't always come out on top especially in the heavyweght division.)

Anyways, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    So you are telling me that when you watch Ike Ikebuchi fight, you see the greatest fighter of all time?

And same for Valero?

Man that's a bit far fetched. I was talking about Ortiz being the most skilled heavyweight in the division(not even the best heavyweight since skills don't always come out on top especially in the heavyweght division.)

Anyways, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
                    and zab was the most skilled welterweight till he ran into carlos baldomir who had no skill. its all subjective. if its all about skill floyd would have fought margarito and taken the big money. ortiz will probably go down as a what if guy since his resume is very poor.

Comment

Working...
                    X