Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBRB moves Fury ahead of Wilder in their rankings.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    He shouldn't sit on his a$$ and should be punished for that.
    You clearly have a agenda here ,i'll just say you would be punishing a lot of fighters you probably rate high like Stiverne out over 2 years gets a title shot at Wilder yet Breazeale the actual mandatory shouldn't ?
    The difference here is the WBC told Breazeale he was next and stringed him along.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Last week, this page mentioned that the Heavyweight battle of the giants, Fury-Wilder, may be fascinating. It was. “Let’s hope Fury lives up to his name,” we said. He did. He did more than that. His strategy, skill, courage, and remarkable recuperative powers gave the sport something special. In the twelfth round, Fury fought like BEOWULF after getting up from not one KO punch but two consecutive ones from the most destructive heavyweight today in Deontay Wilder.

But boxing, being boxing, has to throw a stink-bomb into the party. Fury-Wilder was no draw. Two of the judges got it wrong and the Board acknowledges what the world does -most of us strongly believe an injustice was done to Fury. We appreciate his graceful responses and his willingness to transition into an inspiring figure.

Isn’t it a wonder that boxing can’t even present a clear picture of the championship in its flagship division? We can. Fury was #8 and Wilder #2 when they fought to an official draw. The Board considered it a bad draw and ranked them accordingly. Fury is now #2 (though several members argued he should be #1) and Wilder is #3.

Boxing is unable and most of its power-brokers unwilling to point to one man and say “there’s the champion,” so we will. Right now there is none. But there should be one soon because Fury is now in position to once again seize the throne he abdicated a couple years ago. Whenever there is an open throne, the #1-contender must face the #2-contender to become the champion. There is no other way.

We advise the following

1. Fury should put off fighting Wilder again. He already beat him and most everyone on the planet knows it. Why take a risk that was already overcome? Wilder is #3. Beating him again brings nothing that is real.

2. So go higher. Beating Anthony Joshua, who’s in the top two with him, brings the divisional crown. Fury should challenge Joshua. Joshua should listen to Lennox Lewis and accept the challenge. Anything else is silly. The true historical crown is within reach of both. Be like Rocky III and go for it.

3. Wilder will wait in the wings to see what happens in Joshua-Fury. Those three giants can then set up a series of matches that can very well return boxing to its former glory. English Knight vs. Irish Traveller vs. American bomber —All contesting not eye-rolling belts but The Crown of Crowns in all of sports. ***

If you haven’t already, please take a moment to check out the updated MEMBERS TAB at the top of the page. Spread the word about who we are and what we’re doing on social media.

Included on the 50 members strong Transnational Boxing Rankings Board are professional journalists, editors, bloggers, archivists, authors, boxing historians and analysts, sports radio hosts, trainers, and ex-fighters; but first and foremost we’re serious boxing fans who love the sport.

None of us have compromising connections that would inhibit our mission to provide clean and authoritative weekly rankings and identify the true divisional champions in a sport that is in dire need of clarity and common sense.

We now represent 20 countries and a commonwealth on six continents:

1 Anthony Joshua
      2 Tyson Fury
      3 Deontay Wilder
      4 Dillian Whyte
      5 Luis Ortiz
      6 Alexander Povetkin
      7 Jarrell Miller
      8 Dereck Chisora
      9 Kubrat Pulev
      10 Joseph Parker
      Neither Wilder or Fury want to fight AJ. I think Fury has bigger balls and that fight may get made but clearly Deontay talks more about how he'll not bother with AJ than he does about trying to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        You clearly have a agenda here ,i'll just say you would be punishing a lot of fighters you probably rate high like Stiverne out over 2 years gets a title shot at Wilder yet Breazeale the actual mandatory shouldn't ?
        The difference here is the WBC told Breazeale he was next and stringed him along.
        Don't put words in my mouth. I don't think people should just sit on their a$$ and wait for their shot. Make your opportunity don't sit around begging for one.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
          Don't put words in my mouth. I don't think people should just sit on their a$$ and wait for their shot. Make your opportunity don't sit around begging for one.
          Breazeale doesn't have top beg for anything hes was the ranked number 2 guy before the corrupt WBC demoted him on a fight they said he was getting. Maybe you don't understand hes still the mandatory and has a fight coming up against a undefeated Olympian anyway which has nothing to do with not being ranked by the Transnational rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            Fury did no damage, got knocked down twice, and his face was severely marked up after the fight.

I had Fury ahead on my card heading into the 12th, he put on an incredible display of skill, but not sure he proved he is the better "fighter" when the fight ended in a draw and Fury was half a second away from being knocked out.
            God you're a joke.

Trying to paint the 2 marks on Fury's face as being "Severely marked" is nothing but you being the extremist like always. You always have to make everything come off as much worse than it is because of you being biased as hell.

And no, Fury won the fight. Stop trying to protect that fraud Wilder, the world knows who won.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Personally I’d have Fury no.1, Joshua 2, and Wilder 3.

I think now that Fury has proved he is pretty much back, we can start counting his Wlad win again. So his resume is now better (not deeper, but better) than Joshua’s.

I’ll take a great win and a really good win over a really good win and a bunch of decent ones.
              It isn't rational to place Fury at number 1 without him beating the existing number 1 in Joshua. Fury has been away for years so he just can't come in and take a place that is already taken. He's at number 2 because he beat the fighter that was in that place. If he wants Joshua's place, then he should get in the ring and beat him. But not before.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                So now most out here giving away imaginary wins.

I thought that was only the ggg brigade
                It isn't an imagined win when the vast majority know how to score a fight. Hell, even 80% of Showtime viewers in the US had Fury winning the fight. That alone tells you everything. It's just racist hoodrats who can't bare to see Wilder lose, especially against a white fighter, that try to tell themselves different.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                  Fury will shut Joshua out, too much skill.
                  Joshua has the skill that Wilder lacked, and the mindset that Wlad lacked. Put those together and Fury doesn't win. Joshua is too good at controlling distance. Either Fury runs like Parker did and gets a wide loss, or he gets too close and gets knocked out. No other way it's going.

Comment

I haven't bashed Fury at all. He took more damage, but he won more rounds. I scored the fight a draw. My agenda is always the same. Truth. Couldn't care less about anything else.
                    Truth? haha. You keep telling yourself that.

Which 5 rounds did you give to Wilder?

Comment

Ring is owned by Golden Boy, what they have to say is irrelevant. You have no credibility if you're going to point to them as any sort of respected independent arbiter. Many members of the Ring ratings board quit and publicly outed Golden Boy for interfering in the ratings, hence the creation of TBRB.

I have no problem with TBRB rating Fury above Wilder, but TBRB uses a lot of low level "reporters" from outlets with no budget to send them to the fights or enough clout to get them credentials.

Many of the most respected publications, who actually have their experts seated ringside, had a draw or Wilder winning. Yes, more had Fury winning than had Wilder winning, but so many had a draw that Fury winning was actually the minority of the ringside cards, and therefore it's ridiculous to cry robbery.

AP, ESPN, Yahoo, LA Times, Sporting News, Washington Post, etc all had a draw or Wilder winning. When that many top level publications don't have Fury winning, you can't cry robbery when the official decision is a draw.
                      TBRB isn't credible enough for you now even though you've used them as a source many times in the past as part of your argument?

Look, you've disgraced yourself one too many times on here as it is. Have some dignity and shut your account down. It's for the best. All you're doing is making a bigger joke of yourself. It's really embarrassing now.

Comment

Working...
                      X