Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Tells Wilder: Don't Worry - Anthony Joshua Wants You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    Wilder didn't show us anything new on Saturday. We all knew he couldn't box but he could punch. Don't understand why people think Joshua is gonna be running scared now lol
    Exactly. All it shows was Ortiz had the deck stacked against him with corrupted judges and a fight doctor who gave Wilder 15 extra seconds between rounds to recover after round 7. The fight was a work as evidenced by judges all having Wilder ahead when Wilder won maybe two rounds ? It was just an exposure of PBC corruption and Wilders horrible ability.

Wilder would get knocked out by:

Joshua
    Fury
    Povetkin
    Pulev
    Whyte
    Parker

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      He did show us something new, a champion who was willing to face Luis "King Kong" Ortiz! We hadn't seen that one before!
      Ortiz hadn't fought a live opponent since 2015....

Been popped for a steroid

Is 40 some years old....

Let's stop pretending this was more than it was...a wwe show

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Exactly. All it shows was Ortiz had the deck stacked against him with corrupted judges and a fight doctor who gave Wilder 15 extra seconds between rounds to recover after round 7. The fight was a work as evidenced by judges all having Wilder ahead when Wilder won maybe two rounds ? It was just an exposure of PBC corruption and Wilders horrible ability.

Wilder would get knocked out by:

Joshua
        Fury
        Povetkin
        Pulev
        Whyte
        Parker
        Yeah the cards were stacked against Ortiz. I'm genuinely glad wilder stopped him rather than it going to the cards cause I can't deal with another dark night for boxing. That ref time out was horse**** too, thyebcould have checked on him in the corner and i didn't realise it was new York policy to.go back and the check the canvas isn't wet when a fighter is wobbled

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          Yeah the cards were stacked against Ortiz. I'm genuinely glad wilder stopped him rather than it going to the cards cause I can't deal with another dark night for boxing. That ref time out was horse**** too, thyebcould have checked on him in the corner and i didn't realise it was new York policy to.go back and the check the canvas isn't wet when a fighter is wobbled
          I knew the fix was in, just didn't know how it would play out. What I learned was the judges we're all paid off to score for Wilder. The ref was there to make sure Wilder dud not get stopped and to stop the fight when Ortiz was in trouble.

I also learned that in between rounds trick to give Wilder time recover was also in the contingency plan of Haymon to ensure the only Wilder loses is getting clean knocked out, and Ortiz was shot just enough where he couldn't execute that alternative.

PBC

Pure
          Boxing
          Corruption

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            I knew the fix was in, just didn't know how it would play out. What I learned was the judges we're all paid off to score for Wilder. The ref was there to make sure Wilder dud not get stopped and to stop the fight when Ortiz was in trouble.

I also learned that in between rounds trick to give Wilder time recover was also in the contingency plan of Haymon to ensure the only Wilder loses is getting clean knocked out, and Ortiz was shot just enough where he couldn't execute that alternative.

PBC

Pure
            Boxing
            Corruption
            Lol all of this rambling sounds just like that Charles Farrell article on Deadspin? Charles is that you? It was a trash hit piece. No respectable person affiliated with boxing would write such tin foil nonsense.

Lay off the pipe buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              Lol all of this rambling sounds just like that Charles Farrell article on Deadspin? Charles is that you? It was a trash hit piece. No respectable person affiliated with boxing would write such tin foil nonsense.

Lay off the pipe buddy.
              He has a point about the scoring. No way Wilder as winning that fight.

And even Paulie was calling out the extra time before the 8th, saying it was dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
                He has a point about the scoring. No way Wilder as winning that fight.

And even Paulie was calling out the extra time before the 8th, saying it was dodgy.
                That wasn’t Deontay’s fault. At the start of the 8th round he was on his feet in the center of the ring ready to fight.

Comment

50/50 fight

Comment

Gonna be interesting to see what does happen when AJ goes hbo and from what I know out here in London from people who know him that's very likely.. hopefully not a MAY-PAC situation but all I know is he will probably be fighting Big Baby miller end of August at probably MSG on HBO.

Comment

AJ vs Wilder is surely a great fight... but it is a fight between two meaningless champions... AJ does have an advantage though.

In either case, AJ or Parker would first have to face Povetkin... OR... Wilder can grow a pair of balls and fight Povetkin in a neutral territory, say on an AJ undercard... And then we have one unified champion.

Wilder is like a very outspoken Ustinov. He got by purely on his size and power. Then he faced someone who can actually box and had some stamina and lost.

Wilder went life and death with an out of shape Ortiz... he would not survive a Povetkin/Pulev/Takam who have boxing skills and stamina or a Fury. None of those guys would not go in for the kill once they saw Wilder swinging.

Comment

Working...
                      X