Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Ready To Make Deal: Stevenson Must Fight Gvozdyk Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Rank would lose the purse bid, trust me... Better make a deal for the fight in Canada soon or the $$$ will go down and down and down... You don't fook around with Haymon...

Comment

Why won’t arum make the Ramirez vs Reggie fight doe? Maybe Stevenson needs to build up more first

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
        But yet this guy wanted no part of Prograis next for Ramirez and was gonna everything he could to delay that fight. Same situation as this only difference is Arum's fighter is the challenger.
        Different standards for different promoters. They will be outraged if Gvozdyk doesn’t get the fight next but didn’t give a dámn about Arum and Ramirez swerving Prograis

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Stevenson is a PPVs fighter in Canada, apparently earning something like $3m+ per fight.

How much money do you earnestly believe that Top Rank is willing to spend to have Gvozdyk fight in the Ukraine?

Promoters seem to have some knowledge as to what the ESPN money for a matinee fight is worth, add $1m for the assumed worth of fighting in Ukraine (I doubt that that's the actual number, even if you don't everything), and GYM can put $250k on top of that to be sure of getting the fight.

Just like Arum just did with Jose Ramirez, Stevenson is likely to stall them out, let the WBC call for free negotiations, let the WBC call for the purse bid, and dare Bob Arum to put up north of $2m for a fight that he's guaranteed to lose money on, in a fight where his fighter could still end up being put to sleep on one shot.
          Hopefully they'll make a deal, and Gvozdyk will fight the champion in Canada! I wonder what Bivol is doing these days? Seems like he can't find a dance partner!

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            Didn’t watch the fight but you were okay with Ward hitting Kovalev 50 times in the nuts though
            lol have you ever seen my youtube channel??
            ward fanboys hate me bc i think he's one of the dirtiest fighters on this planet for the last decade or so...

wrong guy playa!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Yeah kind of hard to keep then up when your consistently getting held. If ppl bixed the woukd know this sht. They grab you and force your arms down.
              let's not tell this lie that jack threw low blows bc he was being held lol

jack was throwing jabs and straights at the cup from distance!!
              he holding was the aftermath of getting hit low repeatedly.

i would agree that you are right if these low blows came while a clinch was on..but no..jack was targeting them from all ranges..

Comment

Damn they got him now, why can't he come to the US? They gave him a felony for pimping ? He must had underage girls. Smdh. Well good look on the eastern bloc.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                  u see it too huh??
                  It's largely why I'm upset that Ward-Stevenson never happened.

Stevenson has about 10 different ways he tries to set things up to get that left hand to your jaw, and Ward has shown the craft to be able to fight a brilliant fight and nullify what's being attempted on him.

It'd be the boxing purists' version of dueling pistols for 12 rounds

Comment

in the 5th and 6th adonis kickd his but and was going to keep kicking it...badou threw fight changing low blows to turn the tide on a 40 year old...i've praised by badou and adonis tons prior to this fight...but that isnt wat being ag reat fighter is about...BADOU PUNKED OUT!! HE DONT DESERVER A REMATCH OR ANY OTHER TCHAMP...these 175lb champs are not dirty fighters and they dont deserve dirty opponents...NEITHER DO THE FANS.
                    And Stevenson was holding alot, so be picky and choosy if you want. The ref was not allowing them to fight on the inside. Take that garbage elsewhere.

Comment

let's not tell this lie that jack threw low blows bc he was being held lol

jack was throwing jabs and straights at the cup from distance!!
                      he holding was the aftermath of getting hit low repeatedly.

i would agree that you are right if these low blows came while a clinch was on..but no..jack was targeting them from all ranges..
                      Ill have to go back and watch the fight again?? Your right if it was jabs and such with no clinching then its illegal and dirty. Im a Ward fan and my nutz even hurt after watching him fight Kovalov in the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X