Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consensus p4p (based on TBRB, Ring & ESPN)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    a shut out loss to Mayweather albeit when he was weight drained
    You're being ridiculous. Canelo made 154 with ease in September 2016, yet somehow he was "weight drained" having to make 152 three years earlier in September 2013? Despite having only weighed 153 in his previous fight in 2013?

Comment

No. I thought he lost to Lara, the Trout fight was too close and Cotto was way smaller and old. Take that away and you have a gift draw with GGG in a fight everyone knows he lost and a shut out loss to Mayweather albeit when he was weight drained at a catch-weight.

He's never really put distance between himself and the competition in his genuine tests.

i respect that.

i had it 114-113 canelo against trout
      i had it a draw against lara
      i had it 115-113 ggg

but trout was undefeated.

lara was basically undefeated because he beat the **** out of paul williams and got robbed.

golovkin also undefeated.

floyd also shut out the great juan manuel marquez aint no shame in losing to him

cotto was old, no argument there

and canelo was 22 fighting these kind of fights.

and that floyd lost is older than the salido lost
      Last edited by bluebeam; 05-22-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

nothing impressive about this garbage santa cruz lmao

Comment

Why does everyone just complain about Loma's resume and not anybody else's? I just find that funny.

Anybody's resume can be broken down to look bad. People are picking on Loma, because he is the most talked about right now and most people have him at #1. If someone else was in Loma's current position they would be the ones getting their resume's broken down and heavily criticized.
          It happened with Chocolatito before Loma.

Comment

I'm sure the Cuban thing was a typo. Mistakes are made. Showtime appeared tried to pass Gary Russell off as "undefeated" a few weeks ago. Tim Bradley thought he was in Argentina watching Pacquaio-Horn.

HBO's top 5 I caught the top 3 which was 1. Loma 2. Crawford 3. GGG which IMO sounds about right though TBRB has Rungvisai in GGG's place which based on their last two fights sounds reasonable but it does appear the vast majority of publications, fans, media members etc; would have GGG at the #3. I think if Usyk beats Gassiev free of controversy he'd have the resume to break the top 3 and I think he seems to have the skill set to warrant such a placing.
            No it wasn't. If you look at the ESPN ratings that month you can easily see what happened-His vote (on TV) was done 2 days after the poll with his votes was posted on the site-Atlas was pressured to change.

The USyk/Gassiev winner deserves top 10 ranking-Usyk might deserve a top 3 ranking IMO.

Comment

Boxing Writers Association of America also with Loma at #1. They are definitely a respected organization. HBO also had Loma #1 and Crawford 2 with GGG at 3 same top 3 as BWAA.

http://www.bwaa.org/single-post/2018...For-Pound-No-1

1. Vasiliy Lomachenko (120 points)
              Jr. Lightweight
              10-1-0 (8 KOs)

2. Terence Crawford (115)
              Jr. Welterweight
              32-0-0 (23 KOs)

3. Gennady Golovkin (99)
              Middleweight
              37-0-1 (33 KOs)

4. Canelo Alvarez (76)
              Middleweight
              49-1-2 (34 KOs)

5. Mikey Garcia (66)
              Lightweight
              38-0-0 (30 KOs)

6. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (62)
              Junior Bantamweight
              45-4-1 (40 KOs)

7. Errol Spence Jr. (48)
              Welterweight
              23-0 (20 KOs)

8. Keith Thurman (46)
              Welterweight
              28-0 (22 KOs)

9. Sergey Kovalev (25)
              Light Heavyweight
              33-2-1 (28 KOs)

10. Naoya Inoue (21)
              Jr. Bantamweight
              15-0 (13 KOs)

Also receiving votes: Anthony Joshua (9 points), Leo Santa Cruz (7), Erislandy Lara (3), Deontay Wilder (3), Oleksandr Usyk (3), Donnie Nietes (3), Juan Francisco Estrada (2), Shawn Porter (2), Adonis Stevenson (1).

Comment

Some updates on the consensus pound for pound ranking. Using the mean averages from Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (TBRB), Boxing Writers of America (BWA), ESPN and The Ring. I think this is the fairest way to gauge the p4p climate currently as it's four seperate publications including the one everyone says is the fairest which is TBRB.

1. Lomachenko (#1 on TBRB, ESPN, BWAA)
                2. Crawford
                3. Golovkin (#1 on Ring)
                4. Garcia
                5. (tie) Usyk, Inoue, Runvisai
                8. Spence
                9. Joshua
                10. Santa Cruz

Others receiving one single top 10 vote: Nietes, Canelo, Wilder.

Comment

UPDATE* September 19th, 2018.

TBRB, The Ring and ESPN have all updated their lists so here's now the consensus rankings based on the combined lists between all three.

1. Lomachenko (#1 on all three plus BWAA which I haven't included yet)
                  2. Crawford (#2 on all three)
                  3. Canelo
                  4. Golovkin
                  5. Garcia
                  6. Usyk
                  7. Rungvisai
                  8. Inoue
                  9. Spence
                  10. Santa Cruz

Joshua and Nietes tied for 11th the difference being Santa Cruz was #9 on one list, they were #10. Loma and Crawford are #1 & 2 on every list and then there's a gap. Canelo a firm #3 now with very little separating Golovkin all the way down to Inoue.

Comment

UPDATE* March 21st, 2019.

TBRB, The Ring and ESPN have all updated their lists so here's now the consensus rankings based on the combined lists between all three. Individual rankings in brackets)

1. Lomachenko (1, 1, 1)
                    2. Crawford (2, 2, 2)
                    3. Canelo (3, 3, 6)
                    4. Usyk (4, 6, 3)
                    5. Spence (5, 4, 8)
                    6. Golovkin (6, 5, 7)
                    7. Inoue (7, 7, 5)
                    8. Rungvisai (8, 9, 4)
                    9. Garcia (9, 8, 10)
                    10. Santa Cruz (9, unranked, unranked)

Santa Cruz at #10 courtesy of being #9 on one list whereas Joshua and Nietes were #10 on one list apiece.

Comment

UPDATE* March 21st, 2019.

TBRB, The Ring and ESPN have all updated their lists so here's now the consensus rankings based on the combined lists between all three. Individual rankings in brackets)

1. Lomachenko (1, 1, 1)
                      2. Crawford (2, 2, 2)
                      3. Canelo (3, 3, 6)
                      4. Usyk (4, 6, 3)
                      5. Spence (5, 4, 8)
                      6. Golovkin (6, 5, 7)
                      7. Inoue (7, 7, 5)
                      8. Rungvisai (8, 9, 4)
                      9. Garcia (9, 8, 10)
                      10. Santa Cruz (9, unranked, unranked)

Santa Cruz at #10 courtesy of being #9 on one list whereas Joshua and Nietes were #10 on one list apiece.
                      WHy don't you have this site but have ESPN?

Comment

Working...
                      X