Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Guys Think About Mikey Garcia After His Latest Bout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Guys Think About Mikey Garcia After His Latest Bout?

I think his boxing skills are more pronounced, but his power looks noticeably worse than it did at 135. His hands were NyQuil under 140. Now, Lipinets is the 2nd jr ww in a row he couldn't finish. Having said that, he did show a really good jab, and solid fundamentals. Mikey should be able to outbox most guys at 140, as it's not a very strong division right now, but Prograis, Ramirez and Taylor could give him problems. I don't think Mikey should move up to 147.

Lipinets is no bum and I remember he was getting a bit of hype at one point. Garcia did well. I think 140 is weak enough for him to run that division but he's better off at 135.

Comment

Broner has a great chin and Lipinets possibly does as well, so I'm not saying that his power isn't unnoticeable at the weight.
      Great fundamentals.
      A little slow and inactive, but he has insane spurts of activity.

Comment

Looking slightly older. He used to be able to move all night. Could just be the weight though.

Comment

should be at 135, but if he wants to stay at 140 clean house fine. now, if he wants to move to 147 to prove something and put himself into greatness i'd love to see that even though i don't like his chances against any of the title contenders at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
            I think his boxing skills are more pronounced, but his power looks noticeably worse than it did at 135. His hands were NyQuil under 140. Now, Lipinets is the 2nd jr ww in a row he couldn't finish. Having said that, he did show a really good jab, and solid fundamentals. Mikey should be able to outbox most guys at 140, as it's not a very strong division right now, but Prograis, Ramirez and Taylor could give him problems. I don't think Mikey should move up to 147.
            I agree Mikey at 35 is VERY HARD to beat but he losses something at 40 and I think the top guys at 47 beat him kinda easy(Spence,Crawford,Thruman)

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Looking slightly older. He used to be able to move all night. Could just be the weight though.
              I think its just the weight.I think 35 is where he should be if he wants to be great.Anything above that and he will HAVE TO continue his selective matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                Lipinets is no bum
                ^This. Lipinets was very underrated. No one was paying attention to him, but it doesn't mean he was bad by any means. I've been following him for a while and think he's pretty decent. He was decent enough that Mikey respected him and didn't play around.

As far as Mikey not looking as strong, look at how he fought this fight, and how his opponent responded. A brutal KO just wasn't going to happen. Lipinets was very weary of the right hand and wasn't just standing there, eating punches. Also, Mikey wasn't taking chances. That doesn't mean Mikey was any less powerful. At the end of the day, he still made the dude look like the toxic avenger.

Regarding 135, Mikey's body looks soft at 140 and IMO, if you can make a lower weight, do it.

Comment

Still a top ten P4P. One of the better counter punchers in the sport.

Comment

He cant punch at 140 and would have a lot of trouble beating a tough young fighter like Prograis.

Comment

Working...
                    X