Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton Cuts Sparring in Half To Prevent Future Brain Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you make of this, Ray Corso?

In your opinion is there a ballpark figure for the number of rounds that a boxer should spar in order to properly and safely prepare for fights?

Comment

seems sensible if it is now normal levels. But then again, I'm not a fighter but it must be the only way to really get timing down.

But we even have football (soccer) players getting CTE now just from heading the ball and that's nothing.

I know Calzaghe barely sparred for a lot of his fights because his hands were pure glass towards the end. He did alright.

Comment

As you get older, its smarter to change up your routine especially in the smaller weights.

Comment

Frampton is on the way out. Once you start to worry about future injuries you are in trouble. He should commit fully to boxing or retire now. Imagine a fight where both fighters have to go through hell, something they will pay physically for years down the line. Is he really going to do that now?

Comment

all james toney (my fav fighter) did was sparr, no road work and look at him....

Comment

Work on defense, you do get hit quite a bit lol

Comment

Good choice. Often the brain damage that they get is not only because of the fights, but mostly because of years and years of sparring and taking hundreds or even thousands of shots to their heads if they have a long enough career.

Health is important - once you get brain damage you cannot reverse or heal it after all.

Comment

Just increase the size of your sparring gloves to really avoid any serious injuries, and also no fighter in his 30's in his right mind would ever spar 220+ rounds for a fight, even if its a world title fight. That's the definition of over training. Frampton needs to start thinking like a business man and go after the big fights that give him 1m plus that he has a good chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    all james toney (my fav fighter) did was sparr, no road work and look at him....
                    Tony was a special fighter. Had a dog in him that no fighter in history could match, plus had the skills to back it up. Frampton couldn't hold his jock strap, he needs to spar, do road work and everything else and he still wont come close to Toney

Comment

Frampton ducking sparring partners

Comment

Working...
                      X