Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's legacy if he losses the last 2-3 fights of his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    The ATG discussion is for children or real boxing experts who have seen all the great fighters in many fights & know a ton about the guys who there isn't tape of. Manny was one of the best fighters of this era & thats the best anyone can be in boxing is the reality. And losing a couple fights post-prime doesn't change anything.
    This is exactly how I look at the atg debate. When you become one of the greats you just walk that same platform. I dont believe in the greatest of all time

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
      imma go out on limb and a guess that your top 6 are all black fighters

jmm matches favorably against pac but has done worse against common opponents. so has floyd, aside from marquez (who again matches favorably vs pac and who struggles poorly against movers like floyd).
      Nope

1. Floyd Mayweather
      2. Bernard Hopkins
      3. Calzaghe
      4. Klitschko
      5. Lennox Lewis
      6. Wright
      7. Pacquiao
      8. Cotto
      9. JMM

Moving up the ranks and may possibly have a better career than Pacquiao in 5 years.
      Gonzalez. Saul, GGG, Ward.

Comment

Nothing he'll get the jones treatment. Aka he wasn't prime at that point prime pacquiao woulda destroyed him.

Comment

Originally posted by DeandreXI View Post
          Nope

1. Floyd Mayweather
          2. Bernard Hopkins
          3. Calzaghe
          4. Klitschko
          5. Lennox Lewis
          6. Wright
          7. Pacquiao
          8. Cotto
          9. JMM

Moving up the ranks and may possibly have a better career than Pacquiao in 5 years.
          Lol wow. If you would have said Pac is no. 3 I woudldnt have a problem with it, even though I think he is no. 2. But ur list is **** man lol No way the rest of them are higher than him. MAB, Morales, Marquez, Lebwada, Hatton, Cotto, Bradley and on and on. Are u high or something?

Comment

Originally posted by kelechi12 View Post
            This is exactly how I look at the atg debate. When you become one of the greats you just walk that same platform. I dont believe in the greatest of all time
            Comparisons between fighters grom totally different eras are utter BS because the game has changed a lot over the years not only inside the ring, but also the business aspects of the game, so the best thing a fighter can do is to be the best of his own era cuz then the circumstances are tge same for all fighters of the same era and that's fair competition.
            Last edited by Ahmed_Ismail; 10-02-2015, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Nope

1. Floyd Mayweather
              2. Bernard Hopkins
              3. Calzaghe
              4. Klitschko
              5. Lennox Lewis
              6. Wright
              7. Pacquiao
              8. Cotto
              9. JMM

HAHAHAHA Pacquaio at 7? The greatest fighter to ever come out of Asia and has faced a murder's row of fighters..... Calzaghe and Vlad are mos def not over him nor is Winky.... I can agree with B-Hop somewhat simply because he started his career post prison but 7?

Talk about hater....

Comment

It wont matter if he loses as he came back from adversity, he got ko'ed but still beat decent fighters.

He just lost to Floyd, yet that wont stop Pac being above Floyd in the ATG rankings. Floyd beating little guys coming off of KOS wont do much for his reputation. But if FLoyd were to beat GGG Floyd would move up the ATG rankings.

Comment

Say he lost the next 2 or 3 fights from any of these fighters by decision and a clear cut at that)(Crawford, Brook, Thurman, Matthyse, Khan, Garcia)

Where would you rank Pacquiao among fighters in his generation?
                  Pacquiao's legacy was set after beating Barrera/Morales/JMM a combined 6 times in 9 fights. He enhanced it by beating guys like Cotto, Bradley, Oscar and Hatton with good and dominant b level wins over the likes of Diaz, Clottey, Ledwaba, Larios and Margarito and so on. I won't mention Mosley cos he was shot.

Everything Pacquiao does now is a bonus with the only thing that can really harm him being the terrible, boring, lazy performance against Mayweather. But in all honesty, Pacquiao has done more and beaten more greats and done most of it more dominantly than any other fighter in the 21st century. Mayweather and Hopkins may have an argument and Wlad may be somewhere in there because of his longevity and dominance, but none of those guys surpass Pacquiao.

If Pacquiao fought a list of guys like Khan, DG, Matt, Brook and won some, lost some, in his late 30s, I don't think it would harm him, it would only enhance his image and reputation.

Comment

It exposes him as actually having been sht this entire time.

Comment

No losses now can possibly make Pacquiao's legacy worse. That's not how things work. A fighter's accomplishments don't change because they lost a few fights later.

Comment

Working...
                      X