No announcement yet.

Mike Tirico Is NOT Black, He's Italian

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tirico Is NOT Black, He's Italian

Hold Up, NBC Sportscaster Mike Tirico Says He’s Not Black: “I’m Not Black, I’m An Italian-American From Queens!”

Mike Tirico has built his news reporting career for just under 30 years. He spent a good portion of that time on ESPN and then moved on to NBC Sports. What’s everyone talking about this reporter for? Well, take a god look at him and read this: He does not consider himself black.

Tirico recently sat for an interview with the New York Times titled “Mike Tirico Would Like to Talk About Anything but Mike Tirico.” For someone who works in the public eye, this doesn’t seem unreasonable, does it? Apparently, he’s especially conversational to some people when it comes to race.

When you see something in the news with the word “race” anywhere in the title, your mind may leap immediately to some variation of a person under the Caucasian persuasion saying something derogatory about skin pigments differing from his or her own. This is not the case here – if anything, it’s the opposite. Not only does Tirico not want to talk about it, he will tell you, if you insist, he identifies with being Italian.

He told the NY Times, “Why do I have to check any box? If we live in a world where we’re not supposed to judge, why should anyone care about identifying?” Do you think he has a point?

He went on to say, “The race question in America is one that probably never produces a satisfactory answer for those who are asking the questions.” Do you think this is true? Should we accept we’re all variations of tan and stop talking about it? Are we still talking about it because people won’t accept that – or, will they not accept it because we continue to point it out?

read the rest here

http://realcoolnation.com/hold-nbc-s...ican-queens/3/

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    Hold Up, NBC Sportscaster Mike Tirico Says He’s Not Black: “I’m Not Black, I’m An Italian-American From Queens!”

Mike Tirico has built his news reporting career for just under 30 years. He spent a good portion of that time on ESPN and then moved on to NBC Sports. What’s everyone talking about this reporter for? Well, take a god look at him and read this: He does not consider himself black.

Tirico recently sat for an interview with the New York Times titled “Mike Tirico Would Like to Talk About Anything but Mike Tirico.” For someone who works in the public eye, this doesn’t seem unreasonable, does it? Apparently, he’s especially conversational to some people when it comes to race.

When you see something in the news with the word “race” anywhere in the title, your mind may leap immediately to some variation of a person under the Caucasian persuasion saying something derogatory about skin pigments differing from his or her own. This is not the case here – if anything, it’s the opposite. Not only does Tirico not want to talk about it, he will tell you, if you insist, he identifies with being Italian.

He told the NY Times, “Why do I have to check any box? If we live in a world where we’re not supposed to judge, why should anyone care about identifying?” Do you think he has a point?

He went on to say, “The race question in America is one that probably never produces a satisfactory answer for those who are asking the questions.” Do you think this is true? Should we accept we’re all variations of tan and stop talking about it? Are we still talking about it because people won’t accept that – or, will they not accept it because we continue to point it out?

read the rest here

Well we are living in an era where men can be considered women and vice versa. Why not let a black man think hes white?

Comment

read the rest here

I agree with him and Morgan Freeman. Want to help race relations? Stop talking about it every single day and injecting subjects that don't concern race with race. It really doesn't matter to most people on most subjects. And it is like that. We're supposed to be color blind until we take a survey and then it's answer truthfully. Well, I call BS. He's right. It really doesn't matter. Let him put whatever he wants. It's really nobody's business anyway.

Comment

read the rest here

On the Canadian census you have to indicate what ethnic group you belong to. I've always left that section unanswered. Really why does it matter. It matters to the politicians so they can map out their electoral campaigns.

Comment

guess this man race

Comment

??? wtf is going on with these people.

mental illness everywhere.

Comment

Damn dirty dago

Comment

So he likes his fried chicken made with extra garlic.

That's what this all really means.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
                    guess this man race

Puerto Haitian with some Slapahoe on his mama's side.

Comment

Working...
                    X