Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kendrick Lamar Puts Hip Hop On Blast With One Verse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I forget. Here's a lil something that came out when I was in high school, so that you understand Im not some mainstreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      I got you old man, but Krit kinna kills Joey in this song, to my knowledge.. Joey is first verse.

That's whats up. That's a better showing from the young man. But you right Krit took his track. We can talk hip-hop mah homie. Im a old fella know but I still try to keep my ear to the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
        Before I forget. Here's a lil something that came out when I was in high school, so that you understand Im not some mainstreamer.

I see you, man sometimes I wish I was born decades ago. Hip hop was in full force with great MCs.. the past decade and a half have been flooded with bull****. Forced me to turn a deaf ear to the radio so I've sunk myself in what kids call "old school."

Funny thing is kids my age call old school almost all tracks from the 70s-90s.. i tell em its because hip hops true sound faded away from the radio and came out with lil wayne.

Time to get back to my Breaking Bad
        Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 08-13-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

lol @ Joey Badass, I honestly can't stand his whole 90's shtick; good lyrics for his age, but I don't see him having a successful career. I guess he'll just be too "real" and "underground" to ever produce a hit you will claim, but on the real, the guy isn't the second coming of Nas by any means. Kendrick Lamar is a new and innovating artist, sort of an avant-garde for hip hop if you will.

Comment

Kendrick about to turn from Pretty Boy to Money May....but the good thing is people are going to start listening more to the dudes he called out.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              lol @ Joey Badass, I honestly can't stand his whole 90's shtick; good lyrics for his age, but I don't see him having a successful career. I guess he'll just be too "real" and "underground" to ever produce a hit you will claim, but on the real, the guy isn't the second coming of Nas by any means. Kendrick Lamar is a new and innovating artist, sort of an avant-garde for hip hop if you will.
              Maybe it's because I'm young, I'm actually only 4 days older than Joey.. but if you're from my generation and my viewpoint of hip hop nowadays.. Joey is a godsend. Most of his producers are some of the greatest DJs ever.. the likes of MF DOOM, Lord Finesse, Madlib, J. Dilla..

Old heads grew up through AMAZING eras of hip hop, and to me groups like Diggin In The Crates, ATCQ, KMD, and artists like Mac Dre, 2Pac, Andre Nickatina are great inspiration to get away from the radio. I grew up missing out on the great eras of hiphop, and instead was born into an age where Lil Wayne by masses at one point was titled the greatest rapper alive. (sounds bad doesn't it?)

He brings back that "old school" snares and kick drum flavor with a short sample that I never got chance to grow up with. A lot of kids my age say my music is "old school." My iPod dates with music from the late 80s to 90s mostly. The way I see Kendrick is that, he's probably the best artist I've heard on the radio for years.

Oh yeah, and if he had signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation records, I would bet all my points that with all the money that the company would of threw to build him up would of gave him hits. People claim Jay-Z to be a modern hip hop great, gotta mean something..

His latest mixtape Summer Knights has a different sound than 1999.. I suggest you take a listen.
              Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 08-13-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is. Current Mainstream hip hop is ****ing garbage lol

If that's the best verse this era's got then that's just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                  I don't see what the big deal is. Current Mainstream hip hop is ****ing garbage lol

If that's the best verse this era's got then that's just sad.
                  YES. I'm glad someone realizes this.

Hip Hop today is practically in the same situation the HW division is in.

The "top dogs" aren't all that, they're in a weak era..

Comment

It's not a diss, c'mon people.

He's bringing hip hop back to the competition days. He's just letting everyone know where he's at.

Kendrick is dope but I wouldn't mention with Nas, Em, or Jay.....not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                      YES. I'm glad someone realizes this.

Hip Hop today is practically in the same situation the HW division is in.

The "top dogs" aren't all that, they're in a weak era..
                      Eminem, Nas, Kendrick, Cole, Jay (in a slump with WTT and MCHG) are weak artists???

Not to mention the younger guys coming up with Joey Badass, Logic, Krit, Yelawolf, Dizzy Wright, Hopsin, Macklemore, etc.

Hip Hop is undoubtedly in a better spot the past few years than it was in the mid 00's.

Comment

Working...
                      X