No announcement yet.

Ortiz' biggest mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortiz' biggest mistake

I was shocked by what I saw Saturday night.

Not so much the headbutt, not so much the yet again horrible officiating from Joe Cortez resulting in the premature end of the fight but more so with the fact that a professional fighter in Victor Ortiz would drop his hands and his guard against FMJ, a guy with a history of similar actions.

Whether Ortiz planned the incident pre-fight or just got frustrated and lost his mind for a split second, his biggest mistake was getting caught in the moment and simply not going after Mayweather who was seriously rattled by the incident.

To me the most interesting thing was the affect that the headbutt had on Floyd. Immediately after the KO, Floyd still looked bewildered, pissed and actually like he was going to cry, he had the whole lip trembling thing going on and of course getting no love from HBO really fanned the flames. I have to wonder what kind of affect this will have on a guy who is so emotionally and mentally unstable already. I have to guess that this likely could be the end of Floyd Mayweather and at the very least I imagine we wont be seeing him again for at least another 1 or 2 years. That should be just about enough time for Manny Pacquiao and anyone else worth seeing Floyd fight against to exit the game gracefully.
Working...
X