Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if calzaghe took frochs route, would he have a loss??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine Joe Calzaghe vs Arthur Abraham

lol.

I reckon Joe stops him. The referee would jump in because Arthur would have taken 67 consecutive pitty=pat punches with nothing in reply in round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by -JUGGERNAUT- View Post
      So? He proved at the tail end of his career, travelling was a non-issue.

Kessler is not a different fighter in Denmark. The hometown support would just be to his advantage if the fight was close, like his bout with Froch, which incidentally, if that were in Nottingham, it would've been a Froch win. However, Calzaghe vs Kessler was not close so you could have that fight in Tripoli and it wouldn't make a ****ing difference.

Yes.
      you seem to percieve me as a calzaghe hater, far from it, i have all his dvd's and a massive fan of his, i was just offereing a debate as joe did not taKE on the class froch took on in such a ashort space of time. Especially with joes hand problems.

Comment

I can honestly only see Dirrell causing winning, and even then Joe probably outlasts him.

Comment

He would probably drop one controversial loss somewhere along the line.

Comment

Dirrel might give Calzaghe problems but the rest he beats. Before Abraham vs. Ward i would have said that Abraham would have no respect for Calzaghes punches and come out swinging but if Ward can keep him off so can Calzaghe.

I don't think Calzaghe could beat all of these fighters in the timeframe and at the locations Froch did. Calzaghe would get injured between fights, pull out, have contractual problems, be unwilling to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
              Joe always managed to find a win regardless, but if he fought 6 top fighters home and away like froch, would he have walked away with his 0 record still in tact?

Discuss.
              It depends on who those 6 top fighters were. I cant see any of the recent smw fighters giving him too many problems

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
                Dirrel might give Calzaghe problems but the rest he beats. Before Abraham vs. Ward i would have said that Abraham would have no respect for Calzaghes punches and come out swinging but if Ward can keep him off so can Calzaghe.

I don't think Calzaghe could beat all of these fighters in the timeframe and at the locations Froch did. Calzaghe would get injured between fights, pull out, have contractual problems, be unwilling to travel.

I think the issue with him is his physical strength isn't the factor it was. Ward and Froch were physically too much for him, as well as the obvious gap in skill.

I think Calzaghe would be physically too strong for him as well, as a man who walks around over 200-pounds. I think it would be a rare stoppage win.

Comment

Originally posted by -JUGGERNAUT- View Post
                  So? He proved at the tail end of his career, travelling was a non-issue.
                  Did he though?

A very debatable win over Hopkins and a win over a washed up Roy Jones...both of whom knocked him down. He only went away from home twice and it was against an old fighter who was washed up and an old fighter who many believe beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Did he though?

A very debatable win over Hopkins and a win over a washed up Roy Jones...both of whom knocked him down. He only went away from home twice and it was against an old fighter who was washed up and an old fighter who many believe beat him.
                    I think you have to count all the times he was fighting an English fighter in England. Reid, Delaney, not sure where Woodhall fight was.

But yeah, he didn't have enough belief for me, outside the ring at least.

I mean guys like Ottke, Beyer. There is no way they could have beat Calzaghe even in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                      i think so of you guys are missing the point of the thread, for example joe had alot of "paddin" inbetween his best wins, plkus often never had to travel.

could joe beaten kessler, in denmark, whjere kessler is obviously a different fighter, could he have travelled to america and beaten taylor, most of frochs wins were in a row and travelling.

If joe prepared individually for tghese fights then no doubt he would win., but the toll on taking on the best time and time again, especially going abroad for most of them is very tough.

Would he have still be undefeated...???
                      I think it's reasonable to assume that if Calzaghe fought Kessler in Denmark, and Kessler was injury free in training, that at least one or 2 more rounds would have gone the other way.

Comment

Working...
                      X