Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Sr on FMJ VS Marquez: "It Should Be On HBO Not PPV We Know What's Gonna Happen"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Sr on FMJ VS Marquez: "It Should Be On HBO Not PPV We Know What's Gonna Happen"

The return of Floyd “Money” Mayweather, Jr. to the ring is just over a month away, when he is set to tackle Juan Manuel “Dinamita” Marquez on July 18 in the “Number One/Numero Uno” main event.

The megafight is expected to be a sellout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas as well as on pay-per-view cable television.

But for Floyd Mayweather, Sr., the bout is just a “tune-up fight” for his son, he told John Martinez of IronBoxing.com.

“The Marquez fight is going to be nothing more than what you have seen before,” he added.

He even said that “It should be on regular HBO instead of PPV. There is a bad economy out there and we all know what is going to happen already.”

Floyd Sr. also told Martinez that he favors the possibility of his son fighting “Sugar” Shane Mosley and pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao.

“Now the Mosley or Pacquiao fight is a totally different story,” he commented. “Those fights are definitely PPV events.”

“Both fighters would give my son trouble. But in the end, Lil’ Floyd wins.”

He said that a Mayweather-Mosley match-up would be a “very good fight.”

“Shane fights all comers and gives it his all. This fight would go all 12 rounds with a lot of action in it,” he said.

He even volunteered to “become chief trainer for the Mosley fight” should it materialize.

For the meantime, the focus is on Mayweather’s comeback fight against Marquez.

Floyd Sr. even gave his prediction for the July 18 fight. “Well then if you can remember the Gatti fight, you’ve already seen the Marquez fight in advance. It is going to be the same thing all over again.”

Mayweather defeated Arturo Gatti in 2005 via technical knockout in the sixth round. The victory made “Pretty Boy Floyd” the WBC super lightweight champion.

Floyd Sr. continued, “Marquez is a Mexican. He doesn’t want to look bad. He is going to come forward and make the fight.”

Despite this strategy, he said that Marquez will still not be able to get the better of Mayweather.

“Mexicans always come to fight. But when he does, he is going to get clipped. He isn’t going to counterpunch. Trust me,” he remarked.

Originally posted by 2nd Round KO View Post
    The return of Floyd “Money” Mayweather, Jr. to the ring is just over a month away, when he is set to tackle Juan Manuel “Dinamita” Marquez on July 18 in the “Number One/Numero Uno” main event.

The megafight is expected to be a sellout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas as well as on pay-per-view cable television.

But for Floyd Mayweather, Sr., the bout is just a “tune-up fight” for his son, he told John Martinez of IronBoxing.com.

“The Marquez fight is going to be nothing more than what you have seen before,” he added.

He even said that “It should be on regular HBO instead of PPV. There is a bad economy out there and we all know what is going to happen already.”

Floyd Sr. also told Martinez that he favors the possibility of his son fighting “Sugar” Shane Mosley and pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao.

“Now the Mosley or Pacquiao fight is a totally different story,” he commented. “Those fights are definitely PPV events.”

“Both fighters would give my son trouble. But in the end, Lil’ Floyd wins.”

He said that a Mayweather-Mosley match-up would be a “very good fight.”

“Shane fights all comers and gives it his all. This fight would go all 12 rounds with a lot of action in it,” he said.

He even volunteered to “become chief trainer for the Mosley fight” should it materialize.

For the meantime, the focus is on Mayweather’s comeback fight against Marquez.

Floyd Sr. even gave his prediction for the July 18 fight. “Well then if you can remember the Gatti fight, you’ve already seen the Marquez fight in advance. It is going to be the same thing all over again.”

Mayweather defeated Arturo Gatti in 2005 via technical knockout in the sixth round. The victory made “Pretty Boy Floyd” the WBC super lightweight champion.

Floyd Sr. continued, “Marquez is a Mexican. He doesn’t want to look bad. He is going to come forward and make the fight.”

Despite this strategy, he said that Marquez will still not be able to get the better of Mayweather.

“Mexicans always come to fight. But when he does, he is going to get clipped. He isn’t going to counterpunch. Trust me,” he remarked.
    I do see Marquez getting stopped in this but.. I think that Mayweather will come forward more than Marquez. If Mayweather isn't willing to come forward against Marquez, I'll be a bit shocked.

Comment

This is a fight I'll be going to a friends house for.

Comment

maxboxing have a longer interview.

Comment

I saw that. Didn't feel like posting the whole thing.

Comment

I'm goin to a sports bar...better to pay 5 bucks than to pay 70 for this

Comment

Working...
            X