Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Like Wilder To Fight Whyte - Winner Gets Joshua Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    like i said before..im not buying a rabid uk boxing fanbase doesnt know who the best american HW is especially since wilder/joshua has been talked about for over a year......when joshua linked up with showtime everyone knew what they were steering towards....id say if you friends dont know wilder than your friends are probably on the very low end of "casual"

no offense to whyte...but what has he done to be "rated quite highly"? beat chisora? beat brian minto?

seriously not bashing whyte.....but its like saying "we rate eubank jr quite highly over here" when his wins are all domestic level comp
    He put up a good show against Joshua, yes he was beaten but he got some fans from his performance. Nobody else has beaten him, and when he beats Helenius people might start to notice him more. To me he looks a cut above British domestic level

And as for Eubank? Have you seen his displays lately? If he beats Groves he'll win the tournament and people will agree he's world class, that's if he beats Groves though.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      Who is Whyte? Who has he ever beaten? No one cares about Wilder-Whyte. I'd still rather see old Ortiz than Whyte, or even Povetkin. Heck Wilder-Pulev may even beat Whyte. How about do Whyte vs Pulev to see if either of them are even any good. Whyte vs Pulev, Wilder vs Ortiz or Povetkin, Joshua vs Parker, and the winners fight.
      Man gtfoh. Racist piece of s***. You have no logic. You sound just as dumb as the rest. Talking about "Wilder Pulev." Wilder should be top 1 on AJ's list not some runner up in a crowd with contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by mmamachine View Post
        He put up a good show against Joshua, yes he was beaten but he got some fans from his performance. Nobody else has beaten him, and when he beats Helenius people might start to notice him more. To me he looks a cut above British domestic level

And as for Eubank? Have you seen his displays lately? If he beats Groves he'll win the tournament and people will agree he's world class, that's if he beats Groves though.
        ok...but for whyte you would agree his resume screams "domestic level comp? to me it does even if you think whyte is actually a cut above that level

helenius maybe 5 years ago pre injury might mean something...i dunno about now.....

as far as eubank...his resume is still just domestics....beating groves could add something to his resume...but as you said "if"

im not even trying to bash these guys..i have no beef with eubank or whyte...just working off the point i was trying to make a few posts ago

to me whytes resume is comparible to eubanks....

Comment

Originally posted by mmamachine View Post
          UK fans are very patriotic and if wilder did beat Whyte they'd want to see Joshua get some revenge.
          Seriously if you can't see that wilder fighting and beating Whyte will seriously raise hype levels of wilder Joshua then you really are thick.
          The fight is already hype hell we're here talking about it. Well i am..yall are hyped for a bout with Whyte 😐😐

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            As I’ve said this fight won’t happen untl late 2019 early 2020.AJ has 1 fight left with Showtime after he fights Takam. He has to fight Pulev next. Strategic move by Hearn.
            He do not have to fight Pulev next Takam took over the mando position

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
              Wilder is not willing to fight in UK
              Why the hell not. He was willing to go to Russia for Povetkin. I don’t think he’s ever said he wouldn’t go.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                So Wilder wants 7 mil for a step down but will fight Ortiz for 1 mil?

Quack quack.......
                He was going to get minimum $3 million for Ortiz. Probably closer to $5.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidSon View Post
                  The fight is already hype hell we're here talking about it. Well i am..yall are hyped for a bout with Whyte 😐😐
                  to me its just an opportunity for hearn to double dip with wilder

these guys are sort of contradicting themselves....one guy is saying that wilder is ducking a career high payday and way more money than he will make for stiverne....then another guy is saying that UK fans dont really know who he is

so how can hearn be offering him big money if people dont know wilder? they know wilder over there

hearn just wants to bring wilder over and give his lesser fighter a crack and still make ton of money.....its like when kathy duva got barrera his biggest purse knowing that kovalev would get him next ...if whyte loses to wilder hearn dont lose nothing

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

I agree. How the hell you tell a champion to fight someone joshua squash while Wilder wants Aj. So they both dont think he can defeat wilder now. He ices whythe then what lol. Swear some posters sound more confident than Hearns n company...... Seriously. The logic is twisted, his resume is ****, who has he fought etc.......... Lil nervous about those windmills!!

Comment

Working...
                      X