No announcement yet.

Why are British fighters so overhyped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GodLike View Post
    Considering that Texas alone is nearly 3 times larger than the UK, The amount of great fighters to come out of the UK in comparison to the entire US is pretty dam good.
    Most American greats come from America's Black population.

Consider the size of Black America to the UK..and the rest of the World.

That puts your post in better perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
      I think we can all agree, they have never had an elite world class fighter. Joshua is a cherry picker in a weak division

The last true would champion they had was Eubank sr and Collins destroyed him.

Discuss
      You need to think for yourself and stop with the "we" bullshlt. "I think we can all agree" seems to be your standard request for people to support your opinion, which in this instance is uninformed or you're trolling hard.

If you would like people to "agree" with you then you need to give them a point in the first place. Stating your opinion and asking others to discuss it as a finality is beyond ignorance.

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

A lot of the Uk's greats were also black.

Lennox
        eubank
        Joshua
        Bruno
        Haye
        Benn
        Brook

All British all black

Comment

I think we can all agree, they have never had an elite world class fighter. Joshua is a cherry picker in a weak division

The last true would champion they had was Eubank sr and Collins destroyed him.

Discuss
          Heavy is an exceptionally weak division, yet AJ has only had how many fights and has steadily raised his opposition level as he's gone along. I'm not a fan at least not yet and truth be told its the hype that turns me off.

I think you're overlooking Calzaghe who was truly elite and in fairness Froch should be considered on the fringes, that guy was a rock, a thunderous hitting, solid chinned, who's skills are certainly under rated in boxing but again the hype turned me off.

Joshua is easily the best active heavy right now, I don't see how he'd have beat a prime Wlad and against Vitali he'd have had no chance but he's coming along and I'm not so sure he's reached his ceiling yet, fights against Parker and Wilder I don't see being competitive, he'll need Tyson Fury to really prove his worth against will it happen ? Likely but Fury will be a shadow of his former self and when AJ stops him the detractors won't go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

Why is race important when it comes to boxing for you ?

Four of my favourites Ward, Vitali, Parker and Martinez come from four different continents, both black and white, I find prejudice a peculiar motive to not support a certain fighter, hell I love watching Murata fight he's from a fifth continent.

You're not a real boxing fan.

Comment

Josh Taylor is the best fighter at 140. Crawford is lucky he moved up.

The hype is real this time, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by GodLike View Post
                Considering that Texas alone is nearly 3 times larger than the UK, The amount of great fighters to come out of the UK in comparison to the entire US is pretty dam good.
                Exactly. Americans don't realise that because most of them don't have passports.

Comment

“School me again?”....... sorry who are you? I’ve genuinelu never seen you post here before

Idiot lol
                  Well now you have and I've just schooled you and you've acquired some new boxing knowledge. You should be grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                    Why is race important when it comes to boxing for you ?

Four of my favourites Ward, Vitali, Parker and Martinez come from four different continents, both black and white, I find prejudice a peculiar motive to not support a certain fighter, hell I love watching Murata fight he's from a fifth continent.

You're not a real boxing fan.
                    He's not a Boxing fan. He's a racist bigot.

Comment

British fans are more passionate than Americans so i can see why they would overhype their fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X