No announcement yet.

Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
    waiting for what? did you bet on dorticos points or summat lol?

I bet nearly my entire balance on under 5.5 rounds
    Nice call.

Comment

• didn't bet Saturday fights and I don't see any incorrectly-priced odds in the coming weeks so gonna have to wait for method of victory markets to open up. locked in for barrett to beat ritson at 8/13 on crolla-burns undercard and I think crolla to win at 4/9 may be profitable but will look more into it later

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
        didn't bet Saturday fights and I don't see any incorrectly-priced odds in the coming weeks so gonna have to wait for method of victory markets to open up. locked in for barrett to beat ritson at 8/13 on crolla-burns undercard and I think crolla to win at 4/9 may be profitable but will look more into it later
        Yea I was looking earlier & I'm mostly on UFC sh^t in the upcoming weeks. Boxing slowing down a lil bit. Still some fights coming up, but not seeing odds on them yet.

Am in on Burnett about this time next month, line has shot up to from -240 to -350 doe since the opening line which I liked a lot more.

I like Crolla. Don't think Burns' got much left in the tank. And I think I might double down on Lenroy Thomas to beat The Rhino again at dog odds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Yea I was looking earlier & I'm mostly on UFC sh^t in the upcoming weeks. Boxing slowing down a lil bit. Still some fights coming up, but not seeing odds on them yet.

Am in on Burnett about this time next month, line has shot up to from -240 to -350 doe since the opening line which I liked a lot more.

I like Crolla. Don't think Burns' got much left in the tank. And I think I might double down on Lenroy Thomas to beat The Rhino again at dog odds.
          just took a look at crolla, i dont think theres much edge in the crolla to win odds.

guy burnett is fighting is good. burnett is athletically gifted and its all good tryin the hands down stuff vs other guys but zhanat is a quality operator from the little ive seen

next May is ages away but bookies have rematch 60-40 in favour of ggg again which is clearly a mistake. canelo should be favourite. ggg is slowing down

Comment

next May is ages away but bookies have rematch 60-40 in favour of ggg again which is clearly a mistake. canelo should be favourite. ggg is slowing down
            Yea love the line for the rematch, but I can't hem up money for 7 full months or just shy of a year if the rematch gets pushed back til Sept. 2018 as I think is very likely.

I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to set aside a regular % for potential future options doe cuz when they do come up they often can be appealing for these fights without a real timetable.

I think I mainly just hate the concept of banking with a sports book which this ultimately turns out to be a good percentage of the time with fights falling through completely & never happening or getting pushed back as fights often to without real dates from the speculated dates.

Comment

• Eduardo Ramirez fighting Leduan Barthelemy tonight on FS1 got dropped in round 1 in his most recent bout against an opponent with a 22-15 record and 7% KO percentage who is currently on a five fight losing streak. I know these are only featherweights, but I will put some on Barthelemy as a favorite and the KO prop.

Leduan Barthelemy (-250) vs Eduardo Ramirez $250.00 for $100.00
              Leduan Barthelemy wins by KO/TKO/DQ (+400) ~$36.00 for ~$144.00

Comment

• Originally posted by JimGunn View Post
                Eduardo Ramirez fighting Leduan Barthelemy tonight on FS1 got dropped in round 1 in his most recent bout against an opponent with a 22-15 record and 7% KO percentage who is currently on a five fight losing streak. I know these are only featherweights, but I will put some on Barthelemy as a favorite and the KO prop.

Leduan Barthelemy (-250) vs Eduardo Ramirez $250.00 for $100.00
                Leduan Barthelemy wins by KO/TKO/DQ (+400) ~$36.00 for ~$144.00
                While I dont rate barthelemy very high, he should get the job done against Ramirez.

From what I've seen from Ramirez, he is a taller guy (or his opponent was a midget, not sure) who likes get into exchanges.

While doing that, he is very open to counters, doesnt cover up immediately after he throws and his punching technique is not polished.

Barthelemy legit lost against the smaller Nunez who once campaigned at flyweight. But this was a stylistic nightmare for Barthelemy. He doesnt have a good enough jab to keep bullies at range and doesnt look physically strong in close range. Im not sure about the Knockout, because Barthelemy like his bigger brother, throws slappy punches. He has a decent left uppercut though.

Both guys are southpaws, which will probably favour Barthelemy, because he was trained in Cuba and many cuban boxers fight from the southpaw stance.
                He should have collected good experience against southpaws.

Comment

• I forgot Leduan fought so recklessly with his hands down at his waist and only head movement for defense. I feel lucky to have pushed his moneyline bet with a draw result, after such a dreadful performance. Doesn't the Cuban amateur boxing program teach these guys proper hands up defense?

Comment

• any plays this weekend mlac?

Comment

any plays this weekend mlac?
                      Nothing yet mate, just had a quick look and was surprised to see Dodd as a heavy favorite. Stalker should beat him imo, Dodd was beaten by some belgium bum last year and got a gift decision.

Also Butler on points seems like a banker? Yourself?

Comment

Working...
                      X