No announcement yet.

Boxing fans are in denial tonight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    Exactly, Conor lost coz of himself. All Floyd had to do was wait for his prayers to be answered and when he saw Conor gassing, pressed on the gas. As he waited for the apple to fall from the tree. That in itself is not impressive.

Conor defeated Conor. Not Floyd.
    Right. Floyd pressuring the guy and making him fight when he didn't want to had nothing to do with it. It was god answering his prayers.

Boxing is a game of endurance and stamina. Conor lost because he isn't a real fighter because he doesn't train like one. Unlike Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      They are celebrating like they won the world cup. In mma floyd would not last 30 seconds. And this fight proved it.

Connor won alot of rounds and connected alot of times considing hes never had a professional fight andnever had a 12 round fight.

8 round fight he would of genuinely won on points, like flat earth scientists, boxing and floyd fans are celebrating because a 0 0 mma fighter ran out of energy in 9th round onwards....wow.

Mma won, and showed it is the superior fighting skill..floyd would be killed in 30 seconds in a mma fight....fact.
      Lol. In an MMA fight, a professional world champion MMA fighter was already demolished and KTFO by an old, past his best Ray Mercer. To my knowledge, an MMA fighter has never done the same to a boxer in a boxing bout inside a boxing ring.

Likewise, Connor Mcgregor also wouldn't survive a minute against a top level professional boxer who is the same age as him and is the same weight as him. Put him in the ring against GGG or Canelo Alvarez and you will see him dispatched to the closest hospital.

Surviving for x amount of rounds and landing x amount of punches on a 40 year old, semi retired boxer with brittle hands that is fighting significantly above his natural weight division isn't that impressive.

So as it stands, the best performance by a boxer in an MMA fight against an MMA fighter was still more impressive than the best performance by an MMA fighter against a boxer inside the boxing ring.

If you seriously want to give credit to a peak / prime version of Connor Mcgregor for doing what he did to a 40 year old Mayweather who is way past his best, then this actually proves how pathetic MMA is if anything.

Comment

Lets keep perspective here. Conor was humiliated by the worst version of Floyd there has ever been. A man who by his own admission isn't the same fighter he was two years ago let alone five. Conor's performance was pitiful. He was fighting a much smaller man and there was no ambition to be great in anything he did. He was cautious and he "ran" on the backfoot.

You MMA fans have no moral victory here. Your all time great pimped himself and his fans to boxing yet I don't blame your saltiness. I'd be mad too if my hero sold himself out for this kind of humiliation.

Comment

Forty years of age is ancient in Boxing years. In MMA its different because they have standards that are far lower, so decrepit old fighters can still make a living but in Boxing, 40 might as well be 60, seeing as Floyd was retired for 2 years he might as well been 70. While McConner is in the prime of his life. If you call his display "doing well" for an MMA guy than that is sad. It is also a true reflection of the level MMA fighters are operating at. There is a reason they don't get into boxing. Because you need discipline and character to complete 36 minutes of boxing. 15 minutes of an MMA dry hump is easy work.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus1 View Post
            Lets keep perspective here. Conor was humiliated by the worst version of Floyd there has ever been. A man who by his own admission isn't the same fighter he was two years ago let alone five. Conor's performance was pitiful. He was fighting a much smaller man and there was no ambition to be great in anything he did. He was cautious and he "ran" on the backfoot.

You MMA fans have no moral victory here. Your all time great pimped himself and his fans to boxing yet I don't blame your saltiness. I'd be mad too if my hero sold himself out for this kind of humiliation.
            Not only that, but another thing I forgot to add in my previous post which further proves how pathetic and shameful MMA is compared to boxing is that a 40 year old grand dad who is semi - retired and past his best, no longer even properly training or conditioned happened to have the greater endurance / stamina / fitness than a so called 'in prime' version of Connor Mcgregor (who happens to be one of the best MMA fighters today).

What does that make of MMA, that a 40 year old semi - retired boxer has better cardio / stamina / endurance / fitness than a peak version of one of the best MMA fighters in the world today, who happens to be only 29?

In other words, 40 year old semi - retired, past his best boxer is arguably a better athlete than a peak 29 year old MMA fighter who happens to be one of the best in the world.

So much for denial. If anything, it's the MMA fans who are more in denial than vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabaristio View Post
              Not only that, but another thing I forgot to add in my previous post which further proves how pathetic and shameful MMA is compared to boxing is that a 40 year old grand dad who is semi - retired and past his best, no longer even properly training or conditioned happened to have the greater endurance / stamina / fitness than a so called 'in prime' version of Connor Mcgregor (who happens to be one of the best MMA fighters today).

What does that make of MMA, that a 40 year old semi - retired boxer has better cardio / stamina / endurance / fitness than a peak version of one of the best MMA fighters in the world today, who happens to be only 29?

In other words, 40 year old semi - retired, past his best boxer is arguably a better athlete than a peak 29 year old MMA fighter who happens to be one of the best in the world.

So much for denial. If anything, it's the MMA fans who are more in denial than vice versa.
              Could you imagine these guys if Conor had actually won a round?

Any points CM made was just Floyd investing for the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
                It wouldn't matter. A guy as skilled in MMA as Mcgregor would toy with any version of Floyd. Mcgregor is very persistant and effective with kicks which are truly debilitating when delivered by a guy as skilled and agile as Mcgregor. Floyd wouldnt know what the **** was happening to him being striked by bone breaking leg kicks. Especially since his skinny legs are not conditioned to deal with them at all. He'd fold from leg kicks alone never mind grappling.

And why are you on about arm reach like it would mean **** in the Octagon ? The last I checked legs were longer than arms and the top stand up MMA guys use them like jabs to weaken opponents legs before getting serious. I'm not even an MMA fan, It's just reality. Floyd would get seriously dealt with in the Octagon vs Mcgregor. It would be all over in 30 seconds. A younger Floyd would have definitely dealt with Mcgregor earlier in a boxing ring though. Inside 4 rounds easily.
                Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  I thought it was obvious I have seen plenty of mcgregor in the cage. He's no wizard on his feet, and his "light footedness" lasts about 5 minutes.
                  He wouldn't need to last long against Floyd though. He'd have Floyd out of there inside a round.

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
                    oh the tears.....let it flow. the best striker in mma got walked down and stopped by a 40yr old, 2 years retired smaller man with brittle hands.
                    Exactly. Now they're coming up with all kinds of excuses. If it was an 8 round fight Mcgregor would've won. Lol. Best one I've heard yet was Floyd didn't beat Conor he beat himself.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                      They are celebrating like they won the world cup. In mma floyd would not last 30 seconds. And this fight proved it.

Connor won alot of rounds and connected alot of times considing hes never had a professional fight andnever had a 12 round fight.

8 round fight he would of genuinely won on points, like flat earth scientists, boxing and floyd fans are celebrating because a 0 0 mma fighter ran out of energy in 9th round onwards....wow.

Mma won, and showed it is the superior fighting skill..floyd would be killed in 30 seconds in a mma fight....fact.

No, real boxing fans know this fight was a farce and aren't celebrating anything.

The real boxing fight was on HBO

The real super boxing event is on September16

The circus has left town.

Comment

Working...
                      X