Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better fighter Carl Froch or Sergey Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever seen Carl Froch fight? He's slow as molasses, marginally athletic and doesn't possess true one punch knockout power.

Kovalev on the other hand is athletic, fast and a true power puncher.

That all those tangibles away from Kovalev and what is he?

He sure is hell isn't Carl Froch.

Without any shred of doubt Froch is the better fighter overall. He's one of the best to ever compete in this sport considering the amount of natural deficits he was able to overcome. Carl Froch is the definition of underrated. To this day I cannot believe everything he accomplished.. It's insane. People thought he was complete **** in the early years.

Comment

Froch is only known because brits like to overhype their fighters like they can't do no wrong

Comment

Kovalev is more athletically gifted, better jab/ straight right hand, better at setting traps as well. Not like Froch is lacking there anyway.

Froch, although not an inside fighter isn't nowhere near as reluctant to fight there as Kovalev, he's a better body puncher, better conditioned and mentally stronger.

Never gave this much thought, I'll say Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
          you're insane.
          I have to agree with him, I can remember two or three instances where Ward threw some Mayorga-like punches, where it seemed like his fatigue made him go out of character. Although Ward was dominant that fight was a lot tougher than it appeared, Froch had the better gas tank late from what I remember.

Comment

I believe that ever since the Bernard Hopkins fight Kovalev has lost his eye of the tiger. That hunger, desire and will to want to hurt, destroy and knock his opponents out. Now he just seems content on just carrying them to the finish line.

It seems at the time he wanted to prove to everyone that he could actually outbox Hopkins and beat him at his own game. However, since that time he has not been the same fighter.

That's my observation!

Comment

Kovalev has the better technique, more fundamentally sound if you will but Froch is the better fighter overall with more facets to his game.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                I believe that ever since the Bernard Hopkins fight Kovalev has lost his eye of the tiger. That hunger, desire and will to want to hurt, destroy and knock his opponents out. Now he just seems content on just carrying them to the finish line.

That's my observation! It seems at the time he wanted to prove to everyone that he could actually outbox Hopkins and beat him at his own game. However, since that time he has not been the same fighter.

That is why he's The Executioner.

The Hopkins curse strikes again. Next up Joe Smith Jr

Comment

Froch all day. One faced adversity many times and came up with new ways to combat it. The other faced adversity and invented an impregnable defensive position which idiots on boxingscene will apparently defend. I've heard of the turtle shell before, but I guess Kov was just retreating into the reverse ninja tortoise the last round or two.

Comment

Originally posted by LaVar Ball View Post
                    Most in the thread seem to think it's Froch while the poll suggests it's Kovalev...interesting
                    I was just thinking the same thing.

Comment

I think Froch's resume is better but imo Kovalev is probably the better fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X