Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why BOTH DJ and Lemieux would have been the best PRIME opponent of Floyd's career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    I made another thread asking what prime undrained Floyd opponents were better than Jacobs or David Lemieux, and the results are in. Diego Corrales is mentioned most, then Castillo, Marquez, Hatton, Oscar, and Mosley. Sadly most fans don't know the real history of these fights, so I wanted to go over them and show why none were better than Lemieux when Floyd fought them, let alone Jacobs.

Then I want to hear your thoughts! But for the quality of the discussion, please do not make claims that have already been disproved. Read the thread first! And if you cannot think of any, please do not resort to ad hominem attacks, namecalling, or GIF spamming just because you don't like what the facts end up saying. Let's keep it on topic and respectful! We are all boxing fans here!

Now let's look at the prime opponents mentioned most by Floyd fans as being better than David Lemieux, starting with...

DIEGO CORRALES

Corrales was sick and weight drained when Floyd fought him. Here's what Corrales' strength and conditioning coach at the time, Alex Ariza, said about that fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UNaD78gYAs.

So that win everyone talks about because Floyd looked so dominant (no way!) is out as being better than Lemieux. Any decent fighter, especially with the power of Lemieux, would have walked through the corpse of Corrales that night. Next up is...

JOSE LUIS CASTILLO

It's been interesting to see certain fans discredit Daniel Jacobs because he got knocked out once by an elite fighter 8 years ago. Let's see how that compares to one of Floyd's "top" opponents. As it turns out, Castillo had been knocked out by Cesar Soto, Javier Jauregui TWICE, and Julio Alvarez before he fought Floyd, and he still kicked Floyd's ass in the first fight. Next up is...

JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ

The fight before Floyd, Marquez fought Juan Diaz at 135 pounds. Floyd weighed 146 when they fought 7 months later. Some win! That's an 11 pound difference, only 2 pounds less than Brook coming up 13 pounds to fight GGG, but that got **** on to no end by Floyd fans. Double standards are fun, aren't they? Next up...

RICKY HATTON

Ricky Hatton was a small 140 pounder with a 7 inch shorter reach than Floyd, who Floyd pulled up to welterweight as a way to keep ducking the best welterweights. Hatton's KO% is 16% lower than Lemieux's, so while he obviously wasn't going to outbox Floyd with a 7 inch reach disadvantage, he was probably also far too small to KO Floyd either. A cherry picked mismatch that only ever had one winner... Next up...

OSCAR DE LA HOYA

Still one of the only semi-threatening opponents of Floyd's career, Oscar was old and had shoulder problems, which caused his activity to wane in the championship rounds. Floyd still only won by split decision, and Oscar retired two fights later. Next up...

SHANE MOSLEY

Mosley was older, but had just come off a great performance against Margarito likely thanks to PED use. This meant it was perfect timing for another Floyd con job. Floyd knew he could use drug testing to take the Sugar out of Shane, but still get full credit for beating the guy who just dominated Margarito, another guy Floyd ducked, because most fans wouldn't know that the Mosley who fought Margarito was likely on PEDs, but the Mosley who Floyd fought was not. This let Floyd claim he was not just better than prime, but prime Margarito too, when in reality Floyd never fought either one at their best. But that's how the con game works!

The rest is history. Near 40 year old Sugarless Shane had two rounds of energy in his old body, enough to almost KO Floyd, but after that he was spent.

IN CONCLUSION, LEMIEUX WOULD HAVE BEEN FLOYD'S BEST PRIME OPPONENT, BECAUSE FLOYD'S CAREER IS JUST GOOD MARKETING AND HYPE!

The real truth is, all these supposedly great wins by Floyd have major asterisks attached to them. David Lemieux does not. David Lemieux lost twice when he was 22 years old because of stamina issues, but since fixing that, he has not lost a fight except to GGG, and I believe that the Lemieux who just dominated Curtis Stevens is a prime, dangerous fighter who would have also beaten Marquez 11 pounds above his last weight, and beaten old Sugarless Shane Mosley, and beaten old Oscar with shoulder problems two fights from retirement, and beaten fever-ridden Diego Corrales, and beaten Jose Luis Castillo who had already been knocked out FOUR TIMES by guys with less power than Lemieux. So judging by those opponents, David Lemieux would in fact have been the best prime opponent of Floyd's career.

The facts are the facts. Maybe they sound funny compared to the alternate history of Floyd's career that him and his PR team sold you, but that still doesn't change them. And I truly believe Lemieux would be the best prime opponent of Floyd's career. That's how much of a con job Floyd's whole career is, in my opinion. And clearly, if Lemieux would be the best, then no prime opponent on Floyd's resumé comes even close to Danny Jacobs.

Just my opinion. If you disagree, please provide your own arguments, and we'll see how well they hold up to the facts!
    Why dont you make a public poll??

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

I bet this f@g can't even defend himself.
      whats wrong with my list? show me your list lets compare

Comment

This clown wrote another dissertation after failing woefully with the first one? That time would've been better invested in something else.

Comment

I don't even know what to say. I don't have enough red k's for this guy

Comment

Another novel that no one will read. FeelsBadMan

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              This clown wrote another dissertation after failing woefully with the first one? That time would've been better invested in something else.
              ....these idiots dont even realize they are making it obvious

they are butthurt mayweather never lost, and are in tears because GGG has a thin resume and gets criticized for it

they spent years trashing mayweather who fought 15 former champions in a row to end his career, yet defend a 35 year old who has only beaten 5 in his ENTIRE CAREER.......good stuff

nothing but former pac fanatics who jumped on GGG bandwagon

guess they thought no one would notice

Comment

this is terrible but okay my brother

Comment

just facts.

90 percentile offensive juggernauts at the championship level in the prime of their careers.

Comment

a lot of people can't deal with facts.

if you look deeper they are the group of people raised by single moms. their emotional turmoil is resistant against logic and facts.

Comment

Working...
                    X