No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin on Klitschko Loss, Knockdowns, The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
    The way Povvers has conducted himself after the fight, and even during the immediate build-up, have made me respect him big time - not that he needs the respect of people on the Internet, obviously. He did himself proud by coming to fight bravely against Wladimir. Classy fella.

Unless he resumes fighting the likes of Rahman or Boswell, you won't hear me badmouth him again. There's all kinds of good fights for him to get stuck in - Chisora, Boytsov, Pulev, winner of Haye-Fury, Arreola, Stiverne, Abdusalamov, Adamek, Helenius, rematch with Huck, etc.
    My thoughts exactly. He gained my respect. Klitschko lost some.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfocus View Post
      What a commendable interview. Honest, to the point, and very classy.
      maybe a bit too nice tho. if I were him Id be damn pissed with all the holding and throwing him around. he needs to get more of a mean streak in him
      Last edited by beez721; 10-13-2013, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        Well Povetkin showed he has a good chin and that he's durable and tough. His biggest mistake was not being able to adjust and overcome adversity when Wlad 'played it safe'. I don't blame Wlad too much, as Povetkin literally seemed content lunging into Wlad's bear hug all night. Wlad just used his size advantage in these situations.
        he showed tremendous heart but I think his chin became suspect in this fight. wlad seemed to hurt him every time he touched him but like a fool he threw povetkin down when he was clearly wobbled and thwarted any potential knockout that may have come from it

Comment

This fight still pisses me off.

Povetkin deserves a damn rematch!

It's unbelievable that someone with his resume has been screwed over so much.

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko should have been DQed for his illegal tactics against Povetkin.

The disgraceful referee gave Wlad knockdowns when he threw the much smaller Povetkin down, instead of deducting points.

Comment

Working...
            X