Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Van Jones: How Do I Explain This to My Children?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post

This is how much of America and the world feels tonight; the racists (seduced in part by paid, Russian Internet trolls) have come out in full force to oppress their fellow man.

We must stand and face them.
    Cry baby. If it would had been the other way he would had been doing back flips and rubbing it in.

This is NOT how much of America thinks. Maybe half because that is what the election shows with the turnout/voting numbers.

I don't understand how ppl think that it is all right to go another four years like the past 8.

The working class that has been neglected for so many years has spoken with Trump getting elected

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      The "safe space" thing cuts both ways. There are plenty of websites and message boards that lean conservative that suppress, harass, and ban the views of liberals who go dare to go against the grain on them. Websites like 4chan, Breitbart, **********, and Trump's own subreddit (the_donald) being chief among them.

For all the crying your side does about my side's PC culture, you have your own culture of conservative correctness and safe spaces yourself.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conservative_correctness

I'm not saying one side is right in doing it and the other is wrong. I'm just saying both sides are guilty of it and all it's doing is driving the divide even further because when you suppress an opposing view you cause the oppressed person to withdraw in to a bubble that feeds their confirmation bias.

Hence the results last night that very few saw coming.

Why Leftists fear to debate racists

http://jenab6.livejournal.com/55533.html

Debate Restrictions.

For as long as there have been public debates about race, Leftists¹ usually try to restrict speech by declaring their opponents' best arguments out-of-bounds. They corrupt the governing rules of forums with policies that establish a spectrum of permissible views—none of which deviate uncomfortably with their own views—and define sharply contrary opinions either as "hate speech" or as willful impoliteness and trolling. Then anyone dissenting with the liberal thinking will be found guilty of "violating the rules" and banned.

In other words, the Leftists first gain the power to write the rules, and then they write cheater's rules rather than fair ones. Although the Leftists' justification for their forum rules is avoiding offensiveness to racial minorities, their real purpose is to enable a bogus justification for censorship so that the Leftists can appear to win a debate. What they actually do, however, is prevent the debate.² As soon as the racist is blocked or banned, the Leftists begin piling up the rhetorical miles without any opposition to criticize their alleged facts or their methods of argument.

There's nothing wrong with choosing to remain silent in order to avoid giving offense. But the truth and the freedom of speech, both, have a higher value than politeness does. Whenever one value must be sacrificed to preserve another, then the lesser should be let go and the greater kept.

What the Leftists are doing, of course, is leveling heresy charges against racism, and then acting as both prosecutor and judge of the matter. Whether racists sometimes make good arguments, in the sense that they include statements that are both important and true, doesn't matter to the Leftists, who don't consider truth to be a defense. The better a racist's argument is, the more it threatens to expose the errors of liberalism, and therefore Leftists are more inclined to call for the censorship of thoughtful racist arguments than for the censorship of poor ones.

These are the same Leftists who argue that anti-Christian themes in movies, such as Martin Scorsese's "The Last Temptation of Christ," and in art, such as Andres Serrano's "Piss Christ" crucifix in a jar of urine, ought to be protected speech despite their offensiveness to many Christians. What blasphemous themes are to Christians, racist opinions are to Leftists. Leftists always seek censorship of racist arguments so that they will not have to present opposing arguments that they might not be capable of presenting.

It isn't necessarily wrong to exclude points of view on a board. If the stated purpose of a forum is to glorify a particular god, a race, a political philosophy, an election candidate, or a brand of consumer goods, then it's perfectly all right for the board's owner or moderator to come along and censor posts inconsistent with the forum's mission. You can legally criticize Jesus, but you shouldn't go into a church to do it. If you do, the preacher has the right to throw you out.

But when a board's stated purpose is to engage in debate, for the purpose of arriving at the truth, or at a better understanding of the reasons for disagreement, then a priori restrictions on unpopular views are dishonest attempts to "fix" the debate so that the popular point of view can seem to win. The advocates of the unpopular viewpoint (racists in this case) will be allowed only to score small points with their lesser and more oblique arguments, while the Leftists can bring forth their whole array of rhetoric unfettered by any fear that they will be censored.³

To give the Leftists ground for calling for the censorship of racist opinions, the rules of debate are written to exclude racist opinions and, even more especially, the reasoning behind those opinions. "Racist remarks" and "hate speech" are ruled illegal, and then the rule is used not only to prevent racial insults, but also to censor arguments that the Leftists find too threatening to their belief system to deal with forthrightly.

That's how things are in most race-related debates. They are not so much debates as controlled pretenses thereof. It's surprising to find a media venue that will host ideas that fall outside the spectrum of opinion that liberals are comfortable with, e.g., by letting racists present the case for racism, in their own write, unedited and without preconditions.

Note: The above short essay, "Debate Restrictions," was used as my answer to the question "Why is everybody so politically correct?" which appeared on Yahoo Answers. Someone reported it as being in violation of Yahoo's terms of service, and the Yahoo staff evidently agreed with the fink, since they deleted my answer and docked me ten points.

¹ Often called "liberals" in the USA.

² It's like claiming, in a press release, to have won a sporting event by default because the other team did not arrive, while not mentioning that the reason the other team did not arrive was that someone on your side had slashed the tires of the other team's bus.

³ Leftists like to imply arguments through the clever use of adjectives and pejorative labels. For example, they'll call an opinion "racist," as though that proved that it was false. Racist and false don't mean the same thing, but that's precisely what the Leftists want you to think. By using terms such as "racist" (and "antisemitic") in retorts in lieu of the word false, and doing it repeatedly and frequently for decades, they've conditioned many people into associating the former term with the meaning of the latter word, and the acceptance of this invalid argument form has become an ingrained mental habit.

Comment

This is how much of America and the world feels tonight; the racists (seduced in part by paid, Russian Internet trolls) have come out in full force to oppress their fellow man.

We must stand and face them.
        you fukin idiot....

more whites voted for obama ffs!!!!

ignorant fuck stop being sheep and believing what the main stream media feeds your feeble mind.

Comment

It's pretty clear that the rural, White vote carried this election. They were motivated for Trump, whereas that wasn't the case for Romney. I agree with Van; America is as racist as I feared.

But you know what the real problem is? Scapegoating Latinos and Muslims is merely a band-aid to the gushing wound of elite businessmen acquiring advanced technology/slavery overseas.

There will be war.

Eventually, jobs will run out because of both aforementioned factors, and this happens one of two ways: either rural White people stop believing minorities are to blame for their issues, and it simply becomes an "elite versus everyone else" situation, or White people ignorantly continue to punish those most vulnerable for the actions of the elite (the most likely scenario, considering Trump's election).

There will be push-back under both situations, and I cannot think of any way a war could be avoided. It's inevitable under current circumstances. And while, yes, it seems far easier for you all to simply go to work and treat things as business as usual, ignoring this reality won't make it go away. I certainly don't want this, as I'm sure many of you don't either, but I believe it will be forced upon us all, with time. The war will come for us, in other words.

And I, for one, will get ready.

It's shameful that this world is so terrible that I'm reduced to sounding like one of those "end of times" theorists. I kept hoping that I was wrong, that perhaps I was exaggerating because of my experiences in Arizona. That hope is gone now.

Good luck to you all, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
          Last edited by SunSpace; 11-10-2016, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JTfloyd View Post
            Typical response full of "shaming" nonsense. Do you realize that only weak-minded people think that **** actually works? How about this, I'll say again that Obama is responsible for unarmed people getting shot by cops, and you can't do anything about me saying it. His punk, effeminate ass couldn't care less, and more often than not sided with the police. Maybe you'll try to tell me that he's not responsible for extending the Bush Tax Cuts or the Patriot Act next.
            I'm not trying to stop you from saying it lol. I just pointed out how ignorant you are. Actually after reading it again your lack of intelligence is funny. Keep it up because I'm entertained

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
              One thing you'll quickly learn about Joseph is that he not interested in facts. As long as he's right, and always will be right in his own mind, then that is all that matters to him. That, with the simple fact he is b1tchmade, results in the cuckery you see now and will see in the future.
              Says the guy who said he was done talking to me. Another lie from the ignorant prison guard who brags about his paychecks on the internet.

After that pathetic display of getting on your knees for the mods each time you responded to me, you are the last person who should use the word bitc h made.

Comment

It's pretty clear that the rural, White vote carried this election. They were motivated for Trump, whereas that wasn't the case for Romney. I agree with Van; America is as racist as I feared.

But you know what the real problem is? Scapegoating Latinos and Muslims is merely a band-aid to the gushing wound of elite businessmen acquiring advanced technology/slavery overseas.

There will be war.

Eventually, jobs will run out because of both aforementioned factors, and this happens one of two ways: either rural White people stop believing minorities are to blame for their issues, and it simply becomes an "elite versus everyone else" situation, or White people ignorantly continue to punish those most vulnerable for the actions of the elite (the most likely scenario, considering Trump's election).

There will be push-back under both situations, and I cannot think of any way a war can be avoided. It's inevitable under current circumstances. And while, yes, it seems far more easier for you all to simply go to work and treat things as business as usual, ignoring this reality won't make it go away. I certainly don't want this, as I'm sure many of you don't either, but I believe it will be forced upon us all, with time. The war will come for us, in other words.

And I, for one, will get ready.

It's shameful that this world is so terrible that I'm reduced to sounding like one of those "end of times" theorists. I kept hoping that I was wrong, that perhaps I was exaggerating because of my experiences in Arizona. That hope is gone now.

Good luck to you all, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
                A black racist whining about white racism.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Says the guy who said he was done talking to me. Another lie from the ignorant prison guard who brags about his paychecks on the internet.

After that pathetic display of getting on your knees for the mods each time you responded to me, you are the last person who should use the word bitc h made.
                  You mad trump won? Awwww

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                    You mad trump won? Awwww
                    Not at all lol. Trump winning doesn't affect my life in the least bit. It might affect somebody like you though since you're just a low life prison guard who receives hand outs.

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
                      A black racist whining about white racism.
                      Well, I'm not a racist, but I am against racism and thus against Trump. Also, I'm Spanish (White), African (Black), Taino Indian (Native American) and more.

I say more because it's documented that Arabs took over Spain from the year AD 711 until 1492. Not to mention that all sorts of other European people were in and around Puerto Rico throughout history, as well as Indians (from the actual country India) and even Chinese, etc.

In other words, I'm probably half the world into one person, from a strictly modern, "racial" view of things. It would make no sense for me to discriminate against anybody, let alone White people; it would be ridiculous actually, considering that I'm in a relationship with a White woman from the U.S.

How would all that add together?

Moreover, the reality is that, beyond skin color and other minor, superficial traits, there is no scientific evidence of there being any differences between humans at all. The idea of "race" itself doesn't hold true in the way people as yourself think it does. In actuality, it's merely a social construct that means, for all practical purposes, nothing.

Whether you like it or not, we're all related. Scientific and historical discovery has shown how we traveled from Africa to all the different locations we are now. The changes in skin color and the sort are merely adaptations to the environments we settled in. They mean nothing.

That's why it's preposterous, in my opinion, for anyone to believe they're superior to another human being, whether it's by "race" or nationality.

We're all simply Earthlings.

Whether you like it or not, you're Black, too. We all are. Discriminating against people because of their skin tone is akin to dismissing crayons because each one looks different. There's nothing underneath that. You can color just as well with a brown crayon as you can with a white one.

Let's go color.

Comment

Working...
                      X