No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF: We Will Not Approve Mayweather vs. Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: IBF: We Will Not Approve Mayweather vs. Alexander

Devon Alexander will not be allowed to try and unify the welterweight division against Floyd Mayweather Jr at the expense of Kell Brook, according to the International Boxing Federation.

Alexander and Brook were meant to fight for the former's IBF belt in Detroit on February 23, but the American withdrew on Monday citing a biceps injury.

Waters were then muddied on Wednesday morning when Mayweather Jr, the unbeaten pound-for-pound best boxer on the planet, claimed he was close to agreeing terms with Alexander for a unification fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bum ass fight....

Comment

No problem, Devon will relinquish the title and fight for Floyd's WBC title. End of story.

Comment

Wow i'm surprised. Good on them though

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA
          No problem, Devon will relinquish the title and fight for Floyd's WBC title. End of story.
          That's fine. At least we know a real champion like Brook will be holding the title. Someone who's actually willing to travel too. Unlike Alexander robbing people in the Lou. (And yes I know where he got his IBF title from)

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Wow. The IBF actually has morals. I don't think this means anything though.

Alexander would take the money fight and drop the belt in a heartbeat.

Comment

Don't worry guys. Floyd hasn't bribed them or Team Brook yet. This will be a unification.

Comment

lol... wtf?
                They following their own rules or something?
                I bet the WBC is confused by what they're doing

Comment

In other words, Floyd is BS'ing trying to create hype. I much rather would've perferred Alexander over Guerrero, oh well.

Comment

A sanctioning body doing whats right.?.?.?

Comment

Working...
                    X