No announcement yet.

If You had the Opportunity to be a....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    I dont see why 129K after taxes and rent isnt enough unless they are renting 6 BMW's, one for each person and sending his kids to a top catholic school.

And Bronxville? Damn the ****ing property taxes there are a killer!! I think the average property tax levied by the village is $43,000 a year!! Thats $3584 a month just for taxes1
    If you make 300k then you better damn well have the best connections to get the best deals out there. 300k is alot if you know how to spend and invest it. Anyone that says otherwise needs to check their lifestyle and bring it down. Live like you make 90-100k and its all good.

Comment

I dont see why 129K after taxes and rent isnt enough unless they are renting 6 BMW's, one for each person and sending his kids to a top catholic school.

And Bronxville? Damn the ****ing property taxes there are a killer!! I think the average property tax levied by the village is $43,000 a year!! Thats $3584 a month just for taxes1
      I'm not sure where you got "isn't enough" from my posts, I just don't think it puts one in "millionaire and billionaire" territory and I know that when their combined dropped below 200K, he was forced to go back to work (and rather quickly, so they apparently hadn't built up a huge buffer.) Like I said, we've never been close, so I don't know what private schools, college funds, expensive tastes his wife has, etc, but it doesn't appear that even now at probably closer to 400K, they're not exactly overflowing with cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        I'm not sure where you got "isn't enough" from my posts, I just don't think it puts one in "millionaire and billionaire" territory and I know that when their combined dropped below 200K, he was forced to go back to work (and rather quickly, so they apparently hadn't built up a huge buffer.) Like I said, we've never been close, so I don't know what private schools, college funds, expensive tastes his wife has, etc, but it doesn't appear that even now at probably closer to 400K, they're not exactly overflowing with cash.
        IDK

If i made 400K a year, i would def be overflowing with cash. But im not a materialistic person

Comment

An opportunity to play guitar, exercise, read, and watch my favorite shows and boxing matches ALL ****IN DAY?

The answer is yes.

And you know what? If she made 300k, we'd have a maid.

Comment

IDK

If i made 400K a year, i would def be overflowing with cash. But im not a materialistic person
            Well given skyrocketing tuition, he's probably looking at a min of 500K a piece for college for his boys. Personally, I could make do with maybe 100K (gross) in New York, but I'd want more if/when I start a family. Then again, I don't think I could ever live in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              Well given skyrocketing tuition, he's probably looking at a min of 500K a piece for college for his boys. Personally, I could make do with maybe 100K (gross) in New York, but I'd want more if/when I start a family. Then again, I don't think I could ever live in NYC.
              100K will get you a great life in NYC. Maybe not downtown manhattan but why would anyone wanna live there? Pay 5K a month for a studio apartment and not being able to have a car because of traffic and a garage spot costing you $500 a month

My mom raised 3 kids on maybe 60K a year and at one time all of us went to college at the same time.

NYC has a bad rep for some reason.
              Last edited by Russian Crushin; 01-03-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

In pure theory, Yes. As my ego isn't that big to be too proud to let the woman bring the bread home.

But in a practical world, NO. Men may be ok with this vice versa, having a house wife. But with a woman, there is more than a chance that she will dump you at some point, and you're left on the streets with a long unemployment history, no experience, with your dick in your hand.

Comment

100K will get you a great life in NYC. Maybe not downtown manhattan but why would anyone wanna live there? Pay 5K a month for a studio apartment and not being able to have a car because of traffic and a garage spot costing you $500 a month

My mom raised 3 kids on maybe 60K a year and at one time all of us went to college at the same time.

NYC has a bad rep for some reason.
                  Props to her. Raised by a single parent myself, though I had to put myself through college.

My uncle's a prick and that city's not big enough for the two of us. To tell you the truth, I don't know whether he's rolling in dough these days or not. After about 5 unfulfilled promises in a row as a kid, I pretty much wrote him off. Back when he was still single, was going to take me sailing, buy me a computer, golf clubs, forget the others. Probably easier to think he's struggling because I wouldn't ask him for a dime.

Truthfully I'd probably take even an 80K actuary job in NYC, work there for a year or two, just for the experience.

Comment

Working...
                  X