No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Won't Fight in September, Return is Postponed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    Canelo fans are so sensitive on this thread. Defending the bulls*** for yrs is getting to them.
    Negative. This is affecting the Pvssy-g fans & dazn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
      If he was to actually move up and fight Kovalev then i'm happy to wait until November/December, assuming Kovalev beats Yarde.

There's other good options as well so let's see what he does before giving him stick.
      Not happening, Nelo should fight his mandatory in May 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
        Canelo can’t fight until he fights someone that his bosses approve

DAZN aren’t losing money if they don’t pay him

I wonder how many times this will be postponed?

If he’s holding out for Kovalev, I hope Kovalev makes some solid demands given Canelo has his back up against the wall
        Are you blind? Nelo is flexing on dazn.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kushking
          Lmao at all the salty gstringers who don't know what vada 365 is nor understand that "Clenelo" is on vada 365 while your broke ass favs are hiding out in boratland & elsewhere without testing or minimal testing. Its HILARIOUS reading all the salty losers scorned because Canelo keeps succeeding while you clowns keep living in your mommas basements 😭😭🤤

Canelos resumes the best in boxing by far & getting better yearly,Deal with it

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          how far from the truth you are, lol.
          He's right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            This is the only understandable argument I've heard from Canelo fans defending this, but you have to look at the whole picture. Whose fault is it that GGG is this old and the Canelo-GGG rivalry, which should have been over with after 1 fight 4 years ago, is still dragging on?

It's Canelo's! He ducked prime GGG. He dropped the WBC belt. You Canelo fans who will support him through anything, and want to see him create an amazing legacy in the sport for which he gets lots of credit (aka the legacy that GGG was never allowed to create for himself in part because of Canelo's actions, something you guys conveniently leave out because you hate GGG), don't get it. Some actions are very hard to undo in boxing. You want him to get credit, but he doesn't deserve any credit after what he did.

So you guys are thinking, what's the point of fighting GGG again, he still won't get credit. Yeah because he doesn't deserve it! He ducked prime GGG, an opponent that was actually very difficult for him to beat. So there is only one way he can get credit back, and it's not by fighting old GGG, or Charlo, or Andrade, none of whom are nearly as good as prime GGG. The only way for Canelo to undo ducking a real threat who would have been a huge favorite over Canelo is for Canelo to actually fight a real prime threat who would be a huge favorite over him.

If Canelo fights Bivol at a healthy PROVEN weight for Bivol, whether that's 168 AFTER Bivol proves he can do it, or 175, and wins, Canelo will get the credit you want him to get, even from GGG fans and the supposed "haters." If Canelo fights Gvozdyk within the next 12 months, not when the already-32-year-old Gvozdyk is 34 or 35, but basically right now, 32, the last prime year for both athletes, or in this case, 33 is fine because Gvozdyk just won the belt and looked good, and we can't reasonably expect that fight to come together any sooner than 2020 (see? GGG fans are not as unreasonable as you think), then Canelo can get that credit and claim he's a great fighter.

Until then, no, he doesn't deserve it. Canelo fans will just have to deal with that, but the bigger question is why are you still fans of someone who doesn't deserve support in the first place after what he did? And if you're wondering why does Canelo have to fight light heavyweights now to make up for ducking prime GGG, it's because none of the middleweights, super middleweights, arguably even the light heavyweights, are as good as prime GGG! So the only way to replicate the middleweight challenge Canelo's size that Canelo avoided is to now fight a bigger, still top level, but not as top level as prime GGG, fighter, such as Bivol or Gvozdyk.

Or, Canelo can wait around for 5 years, and maybe another fighter as good as prime GGG, as powerful as prime GGG, as complete as prime GGG, as dangerous as prime GGG, will come along at 160, and Canelo can get his credit then. But middleweights like prime GGG come along very rarely, so that's unlikely, and do you really want to wait 5 years for Canelo to get his credit? Probably not. Therefore, Bivol and Gvozdyk are the ones he needs to fight. Beterbiev and Kovalev would also net Canelo good credit immediately, but they're also up there in age. They would go halfway to getting Canelo credit, but I'd still have questions and doubts until he actually fights a prime top threat, like prime GGG was. That means Bivol at any time, or, within the next 12 months only, Gvozdyk. Callum Smith on the other hand is a slow weight bully IMO hypejob, not half as technical as GGG, not as powerful as GGG despite being way bigger, and so on. That would prove nothing. That would be an impressive win at this stage for another slow fighter, old GGG, not Canelo. For Canelo, Bivol and Gvozdyk are the ones.
            I want to address this “prime GGG” that Canelo supposedly ducked. The earliest reasonable date that Canelo could have fought GGG was May 2016, after he won the WBC 160 from Cotto. GGG was 34 at that time. When Canelo fought GGG in Sept 2017, GGG was 35. You’re telling me he went from in his prime to out of his prime in that timeframe?

Comment

• Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
              Saul lost one and walked away with 3G's belts. Best result Golovkin could expect is a draw. There is no other way around it unless he KOs Saul. Like it or not, Alvarez is the new Mayweather of boxing.
              Jacobs then Nelo twice beat Sissy-g & Nelo is not as good as T.B.E.

Comment

• I see a lawsuit in DAZN's future. It is unconscionable that DAZN refuses to stream a Canelo vs Andrade fight. That is insane!

If this nonsense continues, it is entirely possible that both Andrade and Canelo will lawyer up and take DAZN to court. Why is Eddie Hearn not crying blooding murder that DAZN has shut Andrade out? If DAZN keeps this up, I am canceling my subscription and if DAZN keeps jerking Andrade, Canelo and other potential opponents around I suspect that others will cancel as well.

I did not pay a bunch of money to sign up with DAZN to watch GGG fight random guys from the phone book. I paid to see Canelo fight Andrade and other talented fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  Lmao at all the salty gstringers who don't know what vada 365 is nor understand that "Clenelo" is on vada 365 while your broke ass favs are hiding out in boratland & elsewhere without testing or minimal testing. Its HILARIOUS reading all the salty losers scorned because Canelo keeps succeeding while you clowns keep living in your mommas basements 😭😭🤤

Canelos resumes the best in boxing by far & getting better yearly,Deal with it
                  **** off bellend and post something of note.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    Well that don't concern you in any shape, way, or form since we all know you're just a broke crackhead who can never afford a trip to Vegas,... ,,, 😆🤣🖕
                    Another low iq post

Comment

• Originally posted by Satir View Post
                      There was no actual info that Alvarez was looking to fight Andrade, Charlo or GGG this september, the only option for golden boy was Kovalev and Munguia as plan b, dazn has approuved one and hasnt another, whats with accusing Golovkin for wanting his belts (and big cash) back
                      He can start with Boo Boo's belt, oh wait he's too Pvssy-g.

Comment

Working...
                      X