Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz's Coach: A lot of People Making Excuses - Except Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
    Here is how I know that you are as smart as bedroom slippers, you referred to what I presume to be Russia as the Soviet Union. Are you stating that all of the 'stans that came from the break up of the Societ Union as livable countries? You provided the textbook term for 1st world, and even 2nd world which is a term that is never used. People,whether correctly or erroneously, refer to any country that reminds anyone of the old Soviet Union as 3rd world. Don't allow my hyperbole[s] to upset you so much kid.
    Lol, no I'm referring to the Soviet Union as that is what the second world refers to, the 1st, 2nd & 3rd worlds are about which alignment the country had in the cold war, 1st are the west, 2nd are those aligned with the Soviet Union, 3rd are the others which didn't align with either.

Which is why it was amusing you claiming the UK was a third world country, by definition it couldn't be no mater how poor it is, just as any country from the old Soviet Union is by definition 2nd world.

Its OK, you used a term you didn't know the definition of and embarrassed yourself, maybe stop digging now though.

Sort of like how you said every HW boxer except Wilder & Fury are bums.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
        Lol, no I'm referring to the Soviet Union as that is what the second world refers to, the 1st, 2nd & 3rd worlds are about which alignment the country had in the cold war, 1st are the west, 2nd are those aligned with the Soviet Union, 3rd are the others which didn't align with either.

Which is why it was amusing you claiming the UK was a third world country, by definition it couldn't be no mater how poor it is, just as any country from the old Soviet Union is by definition 2nd world.

Its OK, you used a term you didn't know the definition of and embarrassed yourself, maybe stop digging now though.

Sort of like how you said every HW boxer except Wilder & Fury are bums.
        You're right you're right
        How does s/hithole country sound? Does that convey my thoughts more efficiently?

Again you provided the textbook definition.

People often use the term “Third World” as shorthand for poor or developing nations. By contrast, wealthier countries such as the United States and the nations of Western Europe are described as being part of the “First World.”Sep 23, 2016
        https://www.history.com › news › why-ar...

I did do some research so that you can understand what the term 3rd world means to the modern day human.

You are talking basic concepts kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
          This id.iot...

Andy dropped 4 times Joshua and the referee save his ass, Andy would destroyed him worst but the referee stopped the fight to take care of Joshua
          Don't you mean ''Dees EEeeedeeeeot''

How long did AJ spend on the canvas after that sloppy 7th rd knock down ???

Tell me how AJ didn't respond quickly to the ref's instructions.

Yes, Andy was going to win but don't make it out as if that was some masterful performance. Remember when Fury fought a completely uninterested Wlad ?!?! For some unknown reason, AJ failed to show up and it had nothing to do with what Andy did.

AH will destroy Andy in the rematch.
          Memories of Lenny vs Rahman 2.
          Won't need a 3rd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            Don't you mean ''Dees EEeeedeeeeot''

How long did AJ spend on the canvas after that sloppy 7th rd knock down ???

Tell me how AJ didn't respond quickly to the ref's instructions.

Yes, Andy was going to win but don't make it out as if that was some masterful performance. Remember when Fury fought a completely uninterested Wlad ?!?! For some unknown reason, AJ failed to show up and it had nothing to do with what Andy did.

AH will destroy Andy in the rematch.
            Memories of Lenny vs Rahman 2.
            Won't need a 3rd fight.
            The referee helped Joshua, he was out, Andy probably would K.O Joshua and knocked out of the ring

And it was a very pretty performance of Andy

Better than the Performance of Fury vs Klitschko or Wilder vs Jurassic Park Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
              The referee helped Joshua, he was out, Andy probably....
              Yeah, probably.

Comment

I think fans are mainly classless. Joshua stood up like a man and took his L. Ruiz isn’t bragging too much or ducking the rematch. Fans are reprehensible and make things less enjoyable. I guess fanboys are the ones who buy shirts and tickets and ppv so we need them

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                  I think fans are mainly classless. Joshua stood up like a man and took his L. Ruiz isn’t bragging too much or ducking the rematch. Fans are reprehensible and make things less enjoyable. I guess fanboys are the ones who buy shirts and tickets and ppv so we need them
                  You bring up an interesting point surrounding the sport of boxing and why it struggles with popularity, never advancing much beyond a niche audience.

Boxing is the only sport where its Fandom stems from constant and unapologetic slander, complaining, negativity, and profane bickering from within. Other sports have 'rivalries', but nothing like the contempt and arrogance percolating throughout boxing's fanbase.
                  It's not just between fans and toward the competitors either, it's often toward the sport itself. It's constant criticism and disdain for all things professional boxing.
                  It's incredible, almost comical, but totally true. Like you mentioned though, fanboys are in essence, a 'necessary evil'.

You would think with so much dissatisfaction and animosity, we would simply lose interest, stop investing dollars, and turn away. It's a paradoxical phenomenon, if you think about it. With all the disillusionment, disrespect, and scorn that the fanbase has for each other, the participants, and the governing bodies associated with the sport, it's a wonder it succeeds at all.

Though this is what I've learned and come to accept. If you were to ask these "fans", they will tell you that all of that negativity and classless behavior, is related to their love, passion, and devotion to the sport. A lack of civility and empathy is almost a symbolic right of passage, to losing the shameful 'Casual' label, and earning true hard-core fanboy status.

Boxing is, for the most part, a brutal pastime. It's different in that although it's scored in points, you can win by permanently injuring or killing your opponent. The average human being is generally not attracted to that level of barbarity. In a sense, it appeals to the baser instincts of man. Taking that into account, I suppose the 'reprehensible', crass, rhetoric and behavior amongst the boxing fandom, is not much of a surprise and somewhat understandable.

Also, with particular regard to content here on the NSB Forum, I believe the anonymous nature of social media doesn't necessarily inspire the best version of ourselves, as people. Were we to discourse IRL face to face, I believe we'd check most of the hyperbole and angst at the door, and talk boxing on a more agreeable, tasteful, and respectable note.

Ain't the internet FUN ?!! Peace and goodwill to all !

FANDOM is a subculture composed of fans, characterized by feelings of camaraderie and insight with others who share a common interest.
                  Is this what motivates us to serve as mouthpieces and walking billboards for multi-millionaire athletes and entertainers, then engage in heated discussions about which one is better or worse ? Or is it something more ?
                  Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 06-21-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X