No announcement yet.

My British friend swears SAS are the baddest group in the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average Joe knows nothing

SAS, Seals, etc are incredibly well trained but there’s some serious “units” out there that nobody hears about

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
      civilians know **** all about what special forces around the world do and therefore what they're capable of. all i know is that US special forces have the best of everything available at their disposal because of our massive military spending. that we can quantify.
      ^This. The first thing you'll find when reading about the SAS is that the British government discloses very little about it.
      The US, for better or for worse, has incredible military power because it blows quite a bit of money on "defense". There's a reason so many other countries are after US military tech. That we're plucking notorious dictators and terrorists out of the desert. A ton of our money goes into it.

Comment

Obama did the Navy Seals a disservice when he pounded on this chest and declared Seal Team Six heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Badder than US Navy Seals and Korean UDT...

Do you agree?
          I'm surprised we need a thread for this.
          For starters the Navy Seals are not an elite force, the Green Berets are. Very few Navy Seals if any would make it as the Green Berets. If they could they generally would be.

Now to who the baddest is on the planet, The British SAS have no competitor. When it matters most even for their own rescue mission, the Americans will call the SAS. With the SAS you won't know what hit you, by the time you realise, they will be long gone. Oh the SAS, no one can beat them. Everyone else is just trying to imitate.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            They're Eurobums.

US Navy Seals are where it's at.
            Sorry buddy. Navy Seals are not elite. Do some research first.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              They hype jobs. Who have they beat? Bin Laden alone trumps their whole resume
              fools fighting a bunch of Dominic Wades and Steve Rolls

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                civilians know **** all about what special forces around the world do and therefore what they're capable of. all i know is that US special forces have the best of everything available at their disposal because of our massive military spending. that we can quantify.
                The Americans have good technology but when comparing the special forces it goes beyond technology. Americans are messy and try to use volume to overwhelm their enemy. The destruction to the environment is way too much and Special forces don't operate that way. They have different missions and technology only goes so far. This is what Special forces do:

are a special operations force of the United States Army tasked with five primary missions: unconventional warfare (the original and most important mission of Special Forces), foreign internal defense, special reconnaissance, direct action, and counter-terrorism. The first two emphasize language, cultural, and training skills in working with foreign troops. Other duties include combat search and rescue (CSAR), counter-narcotics, counter-proliferation, hostage rescue, humanitarian assistance, humanitarian demining, information operations, peacekeeping, psychological operations, security assistance, and manhunts;

When you compare those guys to the SAS, the American guys are very good but nowhere near the British. When some CIA guys got captured they had to call for the SAS because they wanted their guys alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  ^This. The first thing you'll find when reading about the SAS is that the British government discloses very little about it.
                  The US, for better or for worse, has incredible military power because it blows quite a bit of money on "defense". There's a reason so many other countries are after US military tech. That we're plucking notorious dictators and terrorists out of the desert. A ton of our money goes into it.
                  You guys need Billions of Dollars to blow out some 3rd world dictators. The British are very smart. If they want a dictator gone they will just send one person, an SAS on a lone mission. He will do the job and come back to live as normal. There is no comparison. Ask anyone senior in the army.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                    You guys need Billions of Dollars to blow out some 3rd world dictators. The British are very smart. If they want a dictator gone they will just send one person, an SAS on a lone mission. He will do the job and come back to live as normal. There is no comparison. Ask anyone senior in the army.
                    You guys are so delusional sometimes. Everything you posted about this is out of a fking movie script. "The Americans are sloppy, the UK does it with 1 man". I'd love to hear about the dictators the UK has recently dealt with. Tell me how the brits would have managed to deal with hussein and bin laden. Judging by the state of the country it appears they would have simply bent over. GTFO with your fantasy talk.

I'm not even anti-uk but when these clowns start running their mouths... Always a bunch of empty talk.
                    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 05-06-2019, 05:56 AM.

Comment

My old SGT tried out for the SAS twice and his body broke down. He was an absolute beast so i'm certain they're made of different material than most of us!

Comment

Working...
                      X