Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy Joe Saunders is the only man who could clearly defeat a roided up Saul Alvarez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Joe Saunders is the only man who could clearly defeat a roided up Saul Alvarez.

No way in hell do they take that fight. Billy Joe has moved up to 168 permanently now. I could see Canelo bull-rushing his way to yet another close/disputed decision over Callum Smith or Gilberto Ramirez. But Saunders would dance rings around him all night long. Billy Joe's style of fighting would likely minimize any unnatural advantages that Canelo has over his opponents.

W1LL is hurtin bad tonight. I would expect this from kafkod, but he’s more trill mayne!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      W1LL is hurtin bad tonight. I would expect this from kafkod, but he’s more trill mayne!
      I don't understand what you're saying lad, are you trying to be offensive? I am not hurting at all, I was very impressed by the youngster Vergil Ortiz Jr., and happy to see John Ryder getting the win. The Canelo-Jacobs fight itself was a very high standard of boxing and was entertaining, that goes with out saying. But Canelo is clearly juicing, and me personally, I can't just ignore that.

Comment

Saunders would've been a bad fight for Canelo. That's why Gomez basically dismissed the fight happening after Saunders v Lemiuex. They know that style is awful for Canelo.

That said, Saunders has himself to blame or his team or whatever. He's very inactive, failed a test, pulling out of fights with injuries etc. etc.

He shoud've been a big player in the middleweight division with his ability. His talent has never been in question.

Losing his MW belt is the worst thing to happen to him, even if he regains one at 168. Not many fighters are going to choose to fight him. He doesn't generate money, has no belt and might make you look awful.
        Last edited by EasternEuroFan; 05-05-2019, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          I don't understand what you're saying lad, are you trying to be offensive? I am not hurting at all, I was very impressed by the youngster Vergil Ortiz Jr., and happy to see John Ryder getting the win. The Canelo-Jacobs fight itself was a very high standard of boxing and was entertaining, that goes with out saying. But Canelo is clearly juicing, and me personally, I can't just ignore that.
          No seriously, how much did you wager on ur loss?

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
            Saunders would've been a bad fight for Canelo. That's why Gomez basically dismissed the fight happening after Saunders v Lemiuex. They know that style is awful for Canelo.

That said, Saunders has himself to blame or his team or whatever. He's very inactive, failed a test, pulling out of fights with injuries etc. etc.

He shoud've been a big player in the middleweight division with his ability. His talent has never been in question.

Losing his MW belt is the worst thing to happen to him, even if he regains one at 168. Not many fighters are going to choose to fight him. He doesn't generate money, has no belt and might make you look awful.
            I think the biggest issue is his loyalty to Frank Warren. These fighters are bound to stagnate when sticking with Warren, especially when Matchroom and/or DAZN have all the best fighters in and around those weight classes. I think the plan is to have Saunders crush a can, then take the Chris Eubank Jr. rematch. By then he may have been gifted the vacated WBO World title. This will probably be all done and dusted by May 2020. A good timeline for Canelo to collect the WBO 160 strap then move up!

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
              No way in hell do they take that fight. Billy Joe has moved up to 168 permanently now. I could see Canelo bull-rushing his way to yet another close/disputed decision over Callum Smith or Gilberto Ramirez. But Saunders would dance rings around him all night long. Billy Joe's style of fighting would likely minimize any unnatural advantages that Canelo has over his opponents.
              billy hoe won't do shet..lol

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                billy hoe won't do shet..lol
                Riveting stuff!

Comment

I can't say you are wrong i can see it causing canelo problems like floyd, lara i just think billy joe having not much power to come unstuck at certain points if canelo cuts him off can he deal with it?

glad we saw 2 well matched fighters tonight instead of the pile of **** recently

Comment

There are people out there, who's opinions I respect, who say that Billy Joe Saunders was "stitched up" so that Saul Alvarez could become Undisputed in a walkover against Demetrius Andrade. An interesting theory.

Comment

Working...
                    X