No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andy Ruiz Grinds Hard in Camp For Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    How bad would it look if a big fatty danced around and outboxed jacked up AJ on the inside and won a UD? Think Hearn had the foresight to get a rematch clause?
    ... I don't think Ruiz dances around opponents, he's more like bullying them...

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      Same with Bummane vs DW 2. Was ''grinding'' hard. Wouldn't know it by looking at him

True

Talent is talent.

Babe Ruth was shlt for conditioning, but maybe 3 players better than him.

Maybe Ruiz would have stood a better chance vs a guy like Bruno or Weaver
      Stiverne was full of **** lol. He didn’t train much for wilder or Joyce

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... I don't think Ruiz dances around opponents, he's more like bullying them...
        Gotta change your approach for who you fight. Povetkin gave Joshua hell on the inside. Ditto Takam, and Ruiz has much faster hands than both guys. Pretty sure Ruiz was jumping in and out in his last fight due to the size and reach difference, so he can fight that way.

Both of those guys broke AJ’s nose too

Comment

Stiverne was full of **** lol. He didn’t train much for wilder or Joyce

Yes indeedy.....Bummane was full of fast food

Comment

Yes indeedy.....Bummane was full of fast food
            In all fairness to Stiverne though, I’m pretty sure he thought he was facing Breazeale until the week before. You can risk showing up out of shape and relying on hard counters against Dom.

Comment

In all fairness to Stiverne though, I’m pretty sure he thought he was facing Breazeale until the week before. You can risk showing up out of shape and relying on hard counters against Dom.
              I see a guy like Ruiz and Bummane, I see lack of dedication and discipline. That ''livin off talent alone'' can get the lower divs a good career.

Not so much at HW. Maybe they can beat up a certain level of opponent ??? Sporadic glimpses of goodness ?!?!?

If I were a betting man, I'd put a ton of money on AJ ending Ruiz.

Comment

Gotta change your approach for who you fight. Povetkin gave Joshua hell on the inside. Ditto Takam, and Ruiz has much faster hands than both guys. Pretty sure Ruiz was jumping in and out in his last fight due to the size and reach difference, so he can fight that way.

Both of those guys broke AJ’s nose too
                ... As I remember, Ruiz tried to jump inside and bully Parker (who is manly boxing)...

Comment

I see a guy like Ruiz and Bummane, I see lack of dedication and discipline. That ''livin off talent alone'' can get the lower divs a good career.

Not so much at HW. Maybe they can beat up a certain level of opponent ??? Sporadic glimpses of goodness ?!?!?

If I were a betting man, I'd put a ton of money on AJ ending Ruiz.
                  And that’s why I pay attention in camps too. Stiverne is a guy who’s weight just kept climbing with more inactivity. Ruiz and Kownacki are guys who will upload videos in camp 8 hours a day, eating clean and then step on the scale and stay the same lol.

If I’m a betting man then I’m expecting AJ to win, but I’m likely putting some money on Andy for them odds.
                  Last edited by _Rexy_; 05-02-2019, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                    This fight will be a wash. However AJ is chiny so maybe it will be interesting.
                    Based on what?

Comment

Perhaps it’s a combination of both. I’ve always had Ruiz Jr as a top ten heavyweight, and I had him winning against Parker also. He has incredible hand speed for a man his size (probably the fastest at Heavyweight) not to mention he’s shown he can go a full 12 rounds without gassing, which Joshua can’t do. It’s also my opinion that Joshua struggles against shorter heavyweights (Takam, Povetkin) so it could be the perfect storm. Am I expecting a Ruiz win? No. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.
                      I personally feel he was robbed against Parker. Fighting in your home country counts for a lot, right Deontay?

I give Ruiz Jr just as much of a chance as Miller. But far less than Povetkin. Povetkin can bang with those overhand rights, Miller has pillow fists but Ruiz's speed is fantastic, power or not, he could (and can) UD this.

Cue the clichés and triangle theories.

Comment

Working...
                      X