Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Andy Ruiz, Michael Hunter Are Credible Fights For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    I think Michael Hunter is better than Andy Ruiz, and he's signed with MatchRoom! Shouldn't he get the shot, if Ortiz turns down the offer?
    I think they want to build Michael Hunter. Maybe offer him to Usyk as a revenge match. They need Hunter to save their May 25th card. I still think it’s Ortiz. I willing to bet any of you absolutely .......nothing

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
      Question
      What does Ortiz bring in?
      AJ fights anyone the MSG will still sell out
      Most people with sense already knew MSG would do good attendance numbers with the way British fans travel for their top fighters.

Ortiz is the difference between "maybe" getting some DAZN American subs to getting Zero with whoever the replacement opponent will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        I think they want to build Michael Hunter. Maybe offer him to Usyk as a revenge match. They need Hunter to save their May 25th card. I still think it’s Ortiz. I willing to bet any of you absolutely .......nothing
        It could be Ortiz, but I think it's disrespectful to Hunter to say we're looking for 2 PBC guys instead of you. IBF has Hunter #10, Ruiz #15. WBA has Ruiz #11, and Hunter #12! Hunter is coming off KO win over Ustinov in November, Ruiz coming off KO win over Dimintrenko on Saturday. Basically the same guy, but one is signed to MatchRoom!

Comment

It could be Ortiz, but I think it's disrespectful to Hunter to say we're looking for 2 PBC guys instead of you. IBF has Hunter #10, Ruiz #15. WBA has Ruiz #11, and Hunter #12! Hunter is coming off KO win over Ustinov in November, Ruiz coming off KO win over Dimintrenko on Saturday. Basically the same guy, but one is signed to MatchRoom!
          Ok he could be slippery I’ve said it. We want old slow fat figures. Not a live wire on our American debut. So Ortiz and Ruiz fits the bill

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
            Where was the outcry when pbc gave Ortiz $500,000 vs Wilder? Now all of a sudden he deserves $7-10 mil against Joshua? Since loosing to Wilder, Ortiz has fought 3 times averaging $200,000-300,000 per fight all of which were undercard fights!
            People who follow PBC fights are aware that the reported purses are much lower than the monies conveyed to the fighter. This keeps sanctioning fees and certain taxes down. I think it was Garcia that spoke of getting an extra $1M for a fight that wasn't reflected in his purse.

I think Johnny Nelson has a vid out there where he explains how a fighters value/purse can change based on the purse and as such previous purses don't factor as much as people think.

Comment

Anyone seen Trevor Bryan fight??? He was another name Hearn just mentioned who works woth Don King??

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                Ok he could be slippery I’ve said it. We want old slow fat figures. Not a live wire on our American debut. So Ortiz and Ruiz fits the bill
                If not Ortiz, Ruiz. Hunter may end up deploying the Fury baby oil technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  they said he was offered $5, wanted $10.
                  That actually makes sense? Hearn did say someone asked for 8 figures???

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    If not Ortiz, Ruiz. Hunter may end up deploying the Fury baby oil technique.
                    The baby oil matrix

Comment

The show's going no where Eddie.Stop embarrassing yourself and cancel it. Your know yourself that two weeks ago you would have laughed your bollocks off at any suggestion that either of these ok fighters are really a credible opponent for Joshua .Only this time we are laughing at you and if you think everyone will fall for you bollocks yet again then I sincerely hope the fans wise up and tell you to .........you know!

Comment

Working...
                      X