No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Fury is #1 Heavyweight, Joshua is Spoiled Goods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    AJ vs Del Boy even at this point would be a blockbuster in the UK. As soon as someone from the UK has a name there, you can pretty much sell any fight to that Spoiled Brat nation. The nation is filled with PC Hypocrites a/k/a White Knight Manginas who are just desperate for any form of entertainment to get a break from slaving over their overrated girlfriends/wives.
    Geez, your black pill worldview infects your every thought, huh? A lot of people suck, but don’t let that make you give up, man. It’s not healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      Nice qualifier, Bloke - if Chisora KOs Usyk. LOL.
      Well obviously the fight will never be considered otherwise lol.

Would have thought that was obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        Serious question....

Did I miss something? Nobody is mentioning Usyk and the mandatory fight there. I know everybody wants the unification but there has literally been zero talk of AJ and Usyk or even AJ dropping that belt and Usyk fighting for a vacant title.
        Just curious.
        Nobody cares about Usyk, he has yet to prove himself at HW and because of some stupid WBO rule gets to skip the line and fight for the HW title?...that ain't right. Anyway, Unification trumps mandatories so if both parties agree to unify, then Usyk can wait and in the meantime fight someone and prove he deserves a shot at the title.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion
          Unification takes priority over mandatory. So after the Pulev fight, if they want to make Joshua vs. the Fury/Wilder III winner, they can file for an exemption as long as the purse bid hasn't been ordered yet.

The idea behind Joshua dropping the belt was to protect Matchroom in the event that Pulev pulled off the upset. Instead of Pulev gaining the Super WBA, IBF and WBO world titles, he'd only be gaining the Super WBA and IBF world titles, leaving the WBO title in Matchroom control. The downside of doing this though is complicating an undisputed fight. If Hearn believes an undisputed fight is a realistic possibility within the next year, he'll be less likely to vacate the WBO.
          Hearn will be less likely to vacate the WBO belt? What the fuck are you smoking, cha?

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
            Usyk is fighting Chisora in a couple months no? If he wins then he is in line for his mandatory, although unification should trump a mandatory.

Usyk being with Matchroom and Pulev being with TR, if Fury can get out of his rematch with Wilder, knowing the size and demand for Fury v Joshua for undisputed I think both promoters can grease the wheels if need be to make it happen.
            Only in some political world does a guy remain a mandatory after looking like crap. Usyk needs to beat somebody up, somebody besides Belloo.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
              Serious question....

Did I miss something? Nobody is mentioning Usyk and the mandatory fight there. I know everybody wants the unification but there has literally been zero talk of AJ and Usyk or even AJ dropping that belt and Usyk fighting for a vacant title.
              Just curious.
              Because we all know.

Comment

1 virgin, 1 jilted, and all the rest been broken. Fury undefeated, Andy never KOd, outboxed but unbowed. All the rest have mingled with the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion
                  You're welcome. Always happy to help.

I feel the same way. I want an undisputed heavyweight champion of the world so bad. I don't even care who it is.

I agree Joshua very likely beats Pulev, but keep in mind it's a mandatory fight and very likely doesn't have a rematch clause. So if Hearn is fairly certain Joshua's opponent right after the Pulev fight is Usyk, it protects Hearn to have Joshua vacate the WBO since it turns Joshua vs. Usyk into a unification and means in the unlikely scenario that Pulev wins, Hearn still has a heavyweight title.
                  How Eddie Hearn wishes he was as powerful as you pretend to think he is!

Hearn doesn't have any HW titles, Anthony Joshua has them, and Eddie works for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                    Only in some political world does a guy remain a mandatory after looking like crap. Usyk needs to beat somebody up, somebody besides Belloo.
                    In the real world, Usyk is the WBO mandatory, irrespective of what you think about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
                      These don't sound like brand new comments, but regardless, Warren seems a bad winner. Fury was gracious and likeable in victory. Warren, who did none of the actual winning, is now bringing it on all Billy Big Bollox and just basically trolling with these comments.
                      Yeah, Warren comes off as having some serious hubris over something he hasn't earned. I get that this is all part of the business to leverage your position but I'm not a fan of some suit talking like that about a guy who actually steps in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X