No announcement yet.

Is 38 too late for career change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 38 too late for career change?

What do you think? Time is running out and I must get into next faze.

Do you guys have experience?

No. Unless you’re gonna be a professional athlete. 38 isn’t old at all.

Comment

I’m 29 but I got bro’s in their 40s doing big things just as of recently. You need to have some money saved up and you should by 38.. but invest it into the right thing and go all in don’t make excuses it’s too late.

Comment

Depends on what you mean by a career change and what your current situation is. If by career change you mean that you're currently employed and you will be staying employed by some other company but in a totally different field then 9 times out of 10 you should expect a significant decrease in salary because you're gonna be starting from scratch. I don't recommend this unless you're just extremely dissatisfied with your current career and have no other options. Plus you're taking risk too that can't be underestimated; boss or colleagues could be *******s, etc....

If you mean leaving your current employer to start a business or to change your current business then the risk vs the reward is totally different and you have to make sure you've done your homework and never cross the limit you've set for your investment, can never go all in 100%. Invest just enough where you're motivated to make the business work but keep something on the side to keep you afloat for a couple months if **** hit the fan.

Also remember if you have kids not to subject them to too many changes and instability especially if they're between the ages of 6-18.

Comment

Ray Kroc started at MacDonalds at 52

Comment

I'm 41, and in school now, trying to change careers. It's never too late

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              I'm 41, and in school now, trying to change careers. It's never too late
              what this man said

Never to late

Comment

LOL 38 means you are still a puppy.

Comment

I guess it all depends on what your circumstances are. Please elaborate.

If you're married, have kids and have a decent paying job - then it may be hard to change careers.

Also, what is the time and resource commitment to changing careers? Do you need additional education/training? Will you have to take a pay cut?

For me, it would be very hard to change careers. I'm accountant with 14 years of experience and get paid a nice salary.

I would like to be a landscape architect. This is a complete 360 degree change in careers and is not realistic. So I'm stuck with accounting/finance/business.

Comment

Nope......

Comment

Working...
                    X