No announcement yet.

Thurman landed more punches than Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Yet when it is, it churns out results you agree with.

If you are going to make points, they have to hold water.
    If you have to add in a ten-point must/rounds system to make it somewhat accurate then you aren't using solely CompuBox anymore.

Might as well add clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship and defense too. That would make CompuBox even more precise.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      If you have to add in a ten-point must/rounds system to make it somewhat accurate then you aren't using solely CompuBox anymore.

Might as well add clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship and defense too. That would make CompuBox even more precise.

Learn the difference between a system and criteria first.

Do you agree with compubox when used in a 10-9 point scoring system?

BTW, it's clean hard punching. Which kinda takes 80-90% of the Mayweather punches out of the equation when he fought Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        I agree, that Pac ate way too many clean punches in this fight; I thought Keith beat Manny up and predicted an easy win for Pac but was wrong. Thurman made it a close fight; A fight that was a lot closer than I expected.

Moreover, I thought he hurt and rocked Pac several times; Especially in the second half of the fight as Pac was gassing but just didn't have enough mustard to put him away.

I am not naive or stupid. I knew that Team Pac took the Thurman fight only because they knew he was no longer prime.

Had he been prime then they wouldn't have taken the fight in the first place. They made a very smart business move and the right call.
        Thats how I saw it too. Manny needed a close rd 12 and a savvy knockdown in the 2nd to win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Learn the difference between a system and criteria first.

Do you agree with compubox when used in a 10-9 point scoring system?

BTW, it's clean hard punching. Which kinda takes 80-90% of the Mayweather punches out of the equation when he fought Pacquiao.
          It's clean punching. Stop trying to invent new criteria.

And I don't use CompuBox to score fights. Period.

Comment

compubox and unofficial scorecards are for casuals... should not even exist ...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              It's clean punching. Stop trying to invent new criteria.

And I don't use CompuBox to score fights. Period.
              https://coolmaterial.com/feature/how...-boxing-match/

Hard and Clean Punches – To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or aren’t landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean.

No wonder you been scoring your fights wrong.

Comment

The stats are usually BS. They can give an idea but will not hold up as proof. That said, I doubt Thurman did more damage to Pac then Margarito did. Margarito hurt a prime Pac badly whereas a 40yr old Pac shrugged off Thurman's power shots.

Comment

Bottim line, using just CompuBox to score fights is as ridiculous as using facial damage.

Comment

revelated is stealing my thread ideas.

Comment

Working...
                    X