Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney casts black woman as lead actress in The Little Mermaid Remake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney is so smart. They know the climate right now and know libs will turn out on flocks just to prove a point.

Whatever happened to empire anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
      What your lover get banned for?
      For loving me too much.

Comment

• Disney made significant changes to the characters and plot when they adapted it to animation from the original story-- people didn't mind that, but they're triggered by the lead being a different skin color for the live action? Um, okay.

Comment

• Why age you guys still arguing about this?

Comment

• Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
            Nah BS mate

There's plenty of good black actors, Morgan Freeman Denzel Washington, Sidney Poitier, Samuel L Jackson, forest Whitaker, I could go on

But these sort of casting choices are blackwashed for sjw points plain and simple.
            You are using the term incorrectly. You can’t blackwash a character that isn’t real. Mermaids, James Bond, Santa Claus, etc. are not real life so they aren’t blackwashed if a non white actor plays them. O

Comment

• This is still comedy gold. Triggered half men are still butt hurt over a cartoon.

No black person I know is asking for representation in Disney fictional universe. Good thing is if u luv Ariel so much, bust out the lotion and watch the original. Simple as that.

Comment

Working...
              X