No announcement yet.

US women soccer captain says $60 mil cash prize not fair. Men gets $440 mil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
    No way more people watch Men's football/soccer. It is way way bigger globally. One of, if not the biggest, sport in the world I reckon
    That's what I'm saying basically. If men's soccer is so popular among men shouldn't women's soccer be extremely popular among women ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey19 View Post
      That's what I'm saying basically. If men's soccer is so popular among men shouldn't women's soccer be extremely popular among women ?
      Idk...but the Women team that won got 13% of the profits FIFA made from the women's world cup and the men's winner only gets 9% from the profits made of the men's world cup. So it's more than equal for women. Men actually comparatively earn less here, nothing to cry about like that Rapinoe chick is doing. She is not using common sense
      Last edited by DuckAdonis; 07-09-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
        Reminder that this US Women's soccer team were beaten by a local boys under 15 local state soccer team last year.

I would not at all be surprised if the US men's soccer team would get beaten by a local boys under 15 state team.

I'm sure most of the talented players school-level would almost certainly prefer to take a regular job rather than become a poorly paid US men's soccer player (only playing the sport to get into a good college). Which means what are left are the absolute worst.

Comment

On a side note, I would have thought that soccer was 1 of the few sports in which women aren't going to be at a massive disadvantage against men. No need for great amounts of height and muscle mass (best soccer player in the world is 5'6" and skinny, which is very achievable for a woman unlike say 300 pound football player or 7' basketball player, though admittedly there are lots of WNBA power forwards who are as tall as Charles Barkley but again he was freakishly short). The world's fastest women are capable of 10-second 100m which is fast enough for soccer. Mental component/psychology and tactics being more important than athleticism and strength. Lots of emphasis on flexibility and stamina (at which women have a natural biological advantage over men). Teamwork and taking orders are crucial (women are generally less arrogant than men and will stay in formation more often than try and go for personal glory). I am quite surprised to hear that they lost to a boys under-15 team. Was it a legitimate match ? Does anyone have the details ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey19 View Post
            On a side note, I would have thought that soccer was 1 of the few sports in which women aren't going to be at a massive disadvantage against men. No need for great amounts of height and muscle mass (best soccer player in the world is 5'6" and skinny, which is very achievable for a woman unlike say 300 pound football player or 7' basketball player, though admittedly there are lots of WNBA power forwards who are as tall as Charles Barkley but again he was freakishly short). The world's fastest women are capable of 10-second 100m which is fast enough for soccer. Mental component/psychology and tactics being more important than athleticism and strength. Lots of emphasis on flexibility and stamina (at which women have a natural biological advantage over men). Teamwork and taking orders are crucial (women are generally less arrogant than men and will stay in formation more often than try and go for personal glory). I am quite surprised to hear that they lost to a boys under-15 team. Was it a legitimate match ? Does anyone have the details ?
            Footballers are more comparable to middle distance runners in my opinion, they cover a lot more distance than NFL players 'A cross between middle distance and a long sprinter' but of cause it becomes apparent when a explosive individual appears. 'David Beckham achieved a really high level on the infamous bleep test' he may have actually completed it.

Team work is more ingrained in male culture, even outside of sport? You only have to witness how other men will sometimes get into violence situations just to defend their friends.

Then again it depends on the style of play, I don't think Italian or Spanish teams do the same kind of mileage as teams in the British leagues.

No expert that is just my observation. Also players seem to come in all sizes, there is no set rule in football.

I would say in gymnastics women can compete with men in certain disciplines, their seems to be a point in a woman's career where they are immaculate 'Again no expert but, I have watch some female floor routines and they seem really good'.

And even if women could not compete with me, female gymnastics and figure skaters I have always found incredibly impressive.
            Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 07-09-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
              Team work is more ingrained in male culture, even outside of sport? You only have to witness how other men will sometimes get into violence situations just to defend their friends.
              That's not really what I mean when I say teamwork. If anything that shows how headstrong men can be. I do think women are generally better at taking orders, Following the tactics their coach gives them to a T.

How do you think women goalkeepers compare to men ? goalkeeping is very similar to gymnastics. Also, goalies are rarely changed so the superior stamina of women comes into play a lot. The only offense they ever do is penalties which is a mental game. The no. 1 women's goalkeeper is the same height as Iker Casillas who I consider to be the best men's Goalkeeper of the decade if not the century.

Comment

Purple hair/don't care

Comment

Entitled Lesbian's...without the SJW media machine behind them they would all be working in Starbucks.

Comment

Is there a nude soccer team pic? Then they can get the 440 mill.

Comment

I like this Rapinoe chick. Love to see her celebrate.

She brings flair and a swag that for some reason mainstream america has decided was "offensive".

But when it comes to this pay thing, its just like the WNBA chicks, they gotta stop.

Until they are ready to ask women to support them financially, by attending more games, buying more merchandise/products, getting more involved in sports... Im not ready to take them seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X