No announcement yet.

GGG needs an opponent, Where are all the noise makers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
    Lara (or his manager) love to make noise on twitter when Lara has a fight lined up... now that GGG is free and is looking for an opponent, where is all that noise he was making now? all the noise is made by fans but nothing from Lara. same applies to every other middleweight.

The boxing community demands that the champion (GGG) chase his contenders... that sounds ridiculous to me... can you imagine Floyd chasing down fighters... isn't it the other way around usually, where the contenders chase the champions. Lara isn't even a contender at 160 and fans are getting so desperate that they want GGG to start chasing any one who utters his name and has a somewhat recognizable name. If you truly believe that Lara wanted to fight GGG put pressure on him to start calling GGG right now.
    Respectfully, you are deflecting from the real issue.

Johnson is unavailable so GGG has to find an opponent. HBO is picking Korborov for him. Why can't GGG choose a better opponent (Lara would be one of those names) or go up to 168 for a fight where he'd have a more difficult fight?

GGG fans should find a Korborov fight unacceptable but most seem fine with it. At what point is it on GGG to fight someone better?

Comment

so has surgio Mora... you think GGG will get in there with just any bum? however now is a good time GGG needs a good name on his resume that he can KO within 5 lol Lara fits the bill.
      is this a rhetorical question?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Johnson is unavailable so GGG has to find an opponent. HBO is picking Korborov for him. Why can't GGG choose a better opponent (Lara would be one of those names) or go up to 168 for a fight where he'd have a more difficult fight?

GGG fans should find a Korborov fight unacceptable but most seem fine with it. At what point is it on GGG to fight someone better?
        There are many issues, i am not trying to deflect from them i just can't address all of them.

I hope Korobov fight doesn't happen, Korobov is a good fighter but isn't a good name and has struggled as a professional. And the only reason why i see HBO doing that is because Korobov will take Monroe money (or close to it)

GGG's team has tried to make fights with BJS before they went to Johnson, who can't fight himself. I dont see too many names who would go near GGG but at the same time i am not sure if team GGG has made any offers to them either. i would love to see Daniel Jacobs in there with him, or even fighters like peter Quilen or Andy lee even though they recently lost, in their own way they have something to offer (name recognition, and a skill set that could pose some problems). However other than the one's mentioned i dont see any 160 lbs, or 154 lbs who are viable options.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Twitter? Erislandy Lara called out Golovkin on live TV in 2015 in a post fight interview
          And live tv don't mean ****. He needs to send an offer or stfu. Assuming he is serious.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Nah, man. Nobody is excited about a Korborov fight. I still don't think it is Golovkin's fault. He wants the biggest fights possible...The opponents haven't proved that they really want it.

Comment

There are many issues, i am not trying to deflect from them i just can't address all of them.

I hope Korobov fight doesn't happen, Korobov is a good fighter but isn't a good name and has struggled as a professional. And the only reason why i see HBO doing that is because Korobov will take Monroe money (or close to it)

GGG's team has tried to make fights with BJS before they went to Johnson, who can't fight himself. I dont see too many names who would go near GGG but at the same time i am not sure if team GGG has made any offers to them either. i would love to see Daniel Jacobs in there with him, or even fighters like peter Quilen or Andy lee even though they recently lost, in their own way they have something to offer (name recognition, and a skill set that could pose some problems). However other than the one's mentioned i dont see any 160 lbs, or 154 lbs who are viable options.
              that's why it is crucial for fighters to make noise right now. Look at what barrera did to Ward... If something like that was to happen to GGG i see the fight taking place for sure.

Comment

Lara already called him out, what more do you want him to do?

How about K2 and Team GGG send out offers to those others fighters like they did Billy Joe Saunders

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  And live tv don't mean ****. He needs to send an offer or stfu. Assuming he is serious.
                  i thought lil g was the "name" and the "a side".....he shouldn't he be the one picking and making the offers?

Comment

Canelo will even give him an extra pound for a 155 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                      Sorry, Twitter don't mean ****. ****ing Twitter warriors lol. If Lara really wants it, they need to send GGG an offer. Until that happens everyone needs to stfu about Lara. GGG has chased the fights he is suppose to chase, in his own division. Lara needs to do the same. As was pointed out by the op, if there was ever a time to be making a lot of noise about wanting the fight, the time is now. Somehow when he has business to handle people get mouthy, but when he is searching for an opponent, it is nothing but crickets.

If Lara sends a legit offer and GGG turns it down. Yes, he will deserve all the criticism he recieves.
                      Why does Lara need to send GGG an offer? He's the big name, with a big network invested in him and looking for big fights lol GGG fans say this all the time its lame.

Comment

Working...
                      X