Would Froch beat Ward in a UK rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I don't think so.

Comment

If he had a bat AND a gun, then probably but even then, it's a probability, not a certainty...

Comment

Ward beats Froch anywhere.

Ward is special.

Comment

Somehow the judges sitting ringside seems to like Froch work better than most think sitting behind the screen.

I thought the decision was made closer than what it really was, but Froch has something that judges like.

That being said I cannot see Froch winning at all.

Regardless. This fight will never happen. Ward just wont travel outside the US.

Comment

You have to factor in the home advantage, Froch would have an insane crowd on his side, Ward would have to do the traveling this time. I think people underestimate the power of the home advantage. I don't think Cooper would have knocked down Ali if it wasn't for that home advantage!

And especially considering that Ward is so alien to fighting away from home, I'm sure being in the lions den would be a very uncomfortable experience for him and it could potentially change the fight significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Somehow the judges sitting ringside seems to like Froch work better than most think sitting behind the screen.

I thought the decision was made closer than what it really was, but Froch has something that judges like.

That being said I cannot see Froch winning at all.

Regardless. This fight will never happen. Ward just wont travel outside the US.
              Yeah, I couldn't see Ward traveling outside the US unless there was a major payday involved I guess and even in that scenario it's unlikely he'd sacrifice the home advantage he's become so accustomed to.

Comment

Froch will get the same decision that he got against Dirrell

Comment

Its funny that people make such a big deal out of Ward fighting in Oakland, when he didn't against Froch and almost got robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Ward beat Froch the first time out but people forget that was the closest fight Ward has ever been in and he really just won it by the skin of his teeth. Froch won most (if not all) of the championship rounds, and two of the judges scored it 115-113 to Ward which means that Ward won by only 2 rounds on their cards - had Froch won only one more round on each of those judges scorecards, the fight would have been ruled a majority draw!

So how would the fight go down in the UK with Froch having the home advantage this time around? Does Froch beat Ward in another close fight or would Ward do enough to win it?
                    Its funny but the UK judge actually had it a blowout for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      Its funny but the UK judge actually had it a blowout for Ward.
                      I always thought the American/Canadian judges had it close because of the khan/Peterson fight being the week before and all the problems that caused. I agree with the result the English judge gave compared 2 the other 2

Comment

Working...
                      X