No announcement yet.

Haters Still Clinging to Mayweather-Castillo I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
    Right after all the hype, i just watched the fight, im very dissapointed obviously some people had diffculty scoring a fight before may 5th, how was that a robbery? mayweather clearly won, close fight, Castillo did the best out of anyone i have seen against mayweather, he hurt mayweather on a few occasions but here are some points i wanted to make

1) Mayweather clearly hurt himself after round one, (which he clearly won) he asked for his left shoulder to to be massaged, was seen rotating his shoulder around trying to loosen it up and was clearly discomforted, when have you ever seen mayweather turn southpaw so much in a fight? he clearly tried to avoid jabbing with his left hand at time to give his left side a rest.

2) How is it a robbery when Castillo clearly lost the 1st 5 rounds? its just rediculous, even the idiot merchant had mayweather 4-2 up going into round 6 mayweather clearly won the first 5 in my opinion, winning at least 5/12 rounds does not consitute a robbery.

3) This is how you score a boxing fight Who lands more, who lands the more effective, in this case castillo landed more punches, but alot of them were partially blocked, or blocked and arm punches, as well as some clean hits too, mayweather landed the more effective shots, and he hit castillo right in the face causing castillo to fall over his own feet, that could have easily been scored a knockdown, funny how the mayweather haters just forget to mention that. Castillo landed some great shots, especially to the body, but mayweather consistently jabbed him to head and body and countered, was a close fight, but with a clear winner.

4) Just because a fighter does better in one round than he did the preivous round, does not mean he wins the round, round 5 was the round where castillo got a little better at pressurising mayweather, but he still got tagged consistently, Castillo fought a better round than he did in round 4, but did he win the round no? Unless getting hit at will with jabs to body and head win you a round.

5)Castillo got deducted a point in round 8 when i had mayweather winning, 10-8 round to mayweather, i had mayweather winning when he got deducted a point for elbowing, 9-9 round.

6) Watch the fight carefully, use the rewind button and look for fighter's reactions, mayweather was dodging and blocking alot of shots, yes castillo was by far the agressor and late on landed some great shots that actually landed, mayweather was clearly hurt, and even smiled, a classic sign that a fighter was hurt and is pretending otherwise, but Castillo got countered throughout the night with straight rights and was hit consistently with more effective shots when mayweather was on the backfoot.

7) Look at mayweather's face, you sure he got hit with 200+ punches like that stats were telling you? im not sure, castillo looked more swollen up to me.

8) Lederman's scoring was garbage and HBO is the reason why there is a controversy, castillo lost the first half of the fight easily, and because he did much better in the second half of the fight and was much more agressive they were jumping all over his dick for another upset, how does Lederman have castillo 2/3 rounds ahead going into the final round when he has been deducted a point, disgusting bias as usual.

Watch the fight with the sound down in slow motion, then post your score here, bet ya its different to how you first scored it.

fortunatley i dont need to, probably because i know how to score a fight,

I had it the same as two of the judges 115-111 mayweather, close fight, clear winner, castillo roughed him up, i had castillo winning rounds 5,6,11,12 with 10 a draw.

If you have it closer, you might score fights on agression rather than skill and effectiveness, but there is no way this was ever a robbery, Castillo fought as well as he could, mayweather was below par.

And it doesnt suprise me in the least mayweather won the rematch even better, castillo just chased after him and thew, little signs to technique going on, yeah he looks powerful, good head movement, but dont be suprised if hatton outboxes him, seriously.

Most over hyped fight i have ever seen, some dudes on you tube have it 116-112 mayweather, just shocking.

This is the best post I think I have ever read. I have been saying all of these things on this forum for years, but never has it been laid out as clear as day as this. This should end this debate permanently.

Comment

sin get a life...

all you do is watch these forums and see if anyone is hatin' on mayweather then you have to make a billion thread about it seriously get a life

Comment

Originally posted by Chipper View Post
        sin get a life...

all you do is watch these forums and see if anyone is hatin' on mayweather then you have to make a billion thread about it seriously get a life
        yeah shame on anybody who makes Mayweather threads. I mean, gosh, he's the best fighter in the world and one of the best ever.

I liked it better when we had 1,000 Miranda threads a day and he got knocked out. Those were the days. Miranda is a REAL fighter because he sucks and gets KO'ed. Floyd will never be on Miranda's level. Never.

Comment

Miranda has more heart than Mayweather will ever have.

And Miranda comes to fight not to dance around the ring.

Comment

Ive seen both of them numerous times. and IMO to say Castillo was outclassed in the second is a huge exageration. The fight was competitive and very close if you actually look at whats going on in the ring and not so much listen to the HBO crew babble.

Comment

Miranda got knocked the **** out. He was supposedly the Middleweight Savior. Can't fight goin backwards...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                I think it's a testament to how great of a fighter Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is when the only knock on his record is that a bigger man got very close to beating him when PBF fought the entire fight with an injured shoulder. Castillo fought a close fight against a one-handed Mayweather and still lost...

I don't hear too many haters bring up the second fight, where Mayweather completely outclassed the same Castillo when he was able to use both hands...

Supposedly Castillo had come up with the blueprint to beat Mayweather, yet that same strategy didn't seem to work in the rematch...
                i don't see why people cling to this
                i also had this fight for mayweather, with a messed up sholder and hand
                i smell a true fighter
                idk i could be wrong

Comment

PBF didn't injure his shoulder. if he had a torn RC he wouldn`t be able to box at all.

He lost to Castillo. end of story

Comment

Originally posted by me2007 View Post
                    PBF didn't injure his shoulder. if he had a torn RC he wouldn`t be able to box at all.

He lost to Castillo. end of story
                    plz u just a hater who don't wanna see PBF shine like he iz
                    u noticed he had his hand down and used his other 1?
                    c'mon now he beat him with 1 hand
                    end of story

Comment

there is NOTHING to like about Mayweather.

he runs his mouth all the time, and doesn`t back it up in the ring.

he fights handpicked opponents.

all his fans cling to his unbeaten record, even though he lost to Castillo.

he is the most boring boxer ive ever seen fight.

I wouldn`t watch mayweather 'fight' if you paid me.

Its a fight not a dance class

Comment

Working...
                      X