No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella on Sergio vs Golovkin: 'A fight that economically makes no sense'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Yea a lot of people are clearly confusing the 2. Macklin had a legit draw with Sturm and a win in his favor would have been fine, where Murray getting a draw was in fact a gift on his part.
    Macklin actually lost Most felt he won though. He racked up most of the early rounds so there's a big argument for him winning.

Murray however clearly lost and somehow got a draw

Two very bizaree situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Yep, I thought Macklin beat Sturm. It was shocking with the Murray draw not only because Sturm should have won but because it was ruled a draw in Germany. That's why no one cared cause usually the bad decisions went the other way up to that point.
      The majority of people's reactions were "Well, they robbed Macklin so I guess this evens it out"

Over time it has somehow changed into "Murray was robbed!!!" which is absolutely laughable in every way.

Most people were shocked that Murray was competitive, which, to his credit, his was. More competitive than anyone expected and did win a few rounds.

But, absolutely no way did he win the fight. And the vast majority, including UK Media, felt he didn't win the fight and was lucky to get the draw.

Comment

• I also scored it it for Sturm, and I don't think Murray deserved to win. But I don't think it's crazy to call it a legit draw. There were enough close toss up rounds to make a respectable case for for a draw.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        where Murray getting a draw was in fact a gift on his part.
        Dude, you yourself scored it a draw.

In the round by round thread:
        Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Sturm will keep his title by 3 points. I saw it as a draw

Comment

• Great now Martinez might not even fight again. Atleast at a high level.

We'll never see this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
            Great now Martinez might not even fight again. Atleast at a high level.

Martinez waiting for the "future" to dispose of Floyd for a major fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
              Great now Martinez might not even fight again. Atleast at a high level.

Why are you bringing up an old article, that was back when GGG had just come into the scene.

Why don't you check this articles:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/7/1/...lovkin-in-2014

According to promoter Lou DiBella, reigning WBC titlist and true middleweight champion Sergio Martinez has reached out to tell his team that he's got no problem fighting Gennady Golovkin next year, though DiBella wisely says that it won't be the first fight back for Sergio, who is currently recovering from several injuries suffered over his last two fights.
              http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-ma...in-2014--67227

"He said that history will show that he has embraced every challenge available to him in his career. His legacy will be that he was always willing to fight the best. Right now, his concentration is on healing and rehabilitation and he will not fight until sometime in the first half of 2014. He wanted to make it clear that he is willing to fight Gennady Golovkin in the future. Any conversations now about timing would be premature and inappropriate," DiBella told BoxingScene.com.
              I think chances are we'll see this fight unless a more lucrative fight comes up for Sergio. The real question is whether we'll ever see Sergio at his best again, which I hope (with the rest he's getting) we will.
              Last edited by BafanaBafana; 08-16-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                Why are you bringing up an old article, that was back when GGG had just come into the scene.

Why don't you check this articles:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/7/1/...lovkin-in-2014

http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-ma...in-2014--67227

I think chances are we'll see this fight unless a more lucrative fight comes up for Sergio. The real question is whether we'll ever see Sergio at his best again, which I hope (with the rest he's getting) we will.
                Thats what I said. It sucks.

He wont be the same again. He wasnt even himself against Murray let alone another injury and another year off. He might be done.

Comment

Working...
                X