No announcement yet.

The hardest KO punch you've seen...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    Julian Jackson vs Herol Graham is up there.
    co sign. I think its the best for me

Hearns vs duran a close second.

jackson put Graham asleep for over 5 minutes.

also, tua vs ruiz

Comment

http://youtu.be/RJPesST-skg

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        Indeed, he was'nt named 'The Body Snatcher' for nothing.

In response to the lack of modern day fighters not working the body, boxing like a lot of other sports does tend to go through a few stylistic trends (like in Soccer, when people say,'Why don't players dribble anymore?') But you will always get the odd fighter who makes a career out of it - Ricky Hatton & Vasilly Jirov in recent years.. Pac, JMM and Cotto all like a go downstairs aswell..
        Been having a little look at the up and coming Chris Eubank Jnr who imo is gonna get somewhere, and it's his blistering body combinations that have caught my eye.. So we might have one for the not too distant future there..

Drifted off topic a little but for some reason, as i've been typing, Tommy Hearns debut as a middleweight kept coming to mind.. Pretty sure it was on the Hagler Mugabe undercard, verses James 'Black Gold' Schuler..
        Tommy iced him in the 1st with a righthand from hell, which more than deserves a mention on this thread..
        Speaking of up and coming guys, I heard of someone in an upcoming HBO fight named Witherspoon. Would this guy be a son of former heavyweight Tim Witherspoon, by any chance? Speaking of Cotto, love the Cotto left hook to the body, he hadn't used it much recently until the Foreman fight. Not sure if he used it against Margharito in the rematch as I have yet to watch that, I have it here somewhere though. I'll also go with Marciano/Walcott 1 as hardest KO punch I've seen. I heard on Ringside that the photo of Marciano punching Walcott is not the actual KO punch. I wonder if any still photos exist in print of it? I'm sure there are at least screen shots of it online, so I'm sure one can be made these days but one would think that even back then someone would have captured that KO punch and had it published in some newspaper back then. I gotta also go with Tyson/Johnson. Scrub or not, that is one of the hardest punches I've seen Tyson or anyone land on someone, just BAM, the guy's head shook side to side before hitting the canvas.

Oh yeah, what was the Gatti fight where he had one eye swollen shut and still won by knockout with a left hook? I remember HBO used to bring this fight up all the time in all Gatti's fights after that one.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          co sign. I think its the best for me

Hearns vs duran a close second.

jackson put Graham asleep for over 5 minutes.

also, tua vs ruiz
          Oh yeah, Hearns/Duran I like too. Man, what a right hand! I think I picked that one in the Timber thread too. Tua is another favorite boxer of mine, MAN what punching power that guy had in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Speaking of up and coming guys, I heard of someone in an upcoming HBO fight named Witherspoon. Would this guy be a son of former heavyweight Tim Witherspoon, by any chance? Speaking of Cotto, love the Cotto left hook to the body, he hadn't used it much recently until the Foreman fight. Not sure if he used it against Margharito in the rematch as I have yet to watch that, I have it here somewhere though. I'll also go with Marciano/Walcott 1 as hardest KO punch I've seen. I heard on Ringside that the photo of Marciano punching Walcott is not the actual KO punch. I wonder if any still photos exist in print of it? I'm sure there are at least screen shots of it online, so I'm sure one can be made these days but one would think that even back then someone would have captured that KO punch and had it published in some newspaper back then. I gotta also go with Tyson/Johnson. Scrub or not, that is one of the hardest punches I've seen Tyson or anyone land on someone, just BAM, the guy's head shook side to side before hitting the canvas.

Oh yeah, what was the Gatti fight where he had one eye swollen shut and still won by knockout with a left hook? I remember HBO used to bring this fight up all the time in all Gatti's fights after that one.
            That'll be Chazz Witherspoon who i believe is Tim's nephew..

He's been around a while now and is quite a classy boxer, but leaves a bit to be desired in the chin department.. Think he's fighting Seth 'Mayhem' Mitchell at the end of this month.. And Mitchell's a big puncher, so this could be 'one to watch'.

Marciano Walcott is as classic a 1 punch ko the world will ever see.. Being an old romantic lol, I've got that pic where Walcott looks like he's been force-fed a tripod, hanging on the wall above my bed..

And i think the Gatti fight you're referring to, was the one verses the Dominican, Wilson Rodriguez.. Was voted Ring magazines 'fight of the year' at the time..

Comment

pattersons first KO of johansson was brutal. i saw a documnetary a few years ago where ingos wife was interviewed.

she had to sit up all night to hold his head up bcuz his traps where torn and he couldnt do it himself. she also had to sit there with a towel and wipe his head bcuz he kept bleeding from his ears all night.

now thats a hurtful punch.. and some lousy post fight medical care.

my vote would go to jackson-graham though. thats the most savage one punch knockout i ever seen, dude was out cold for like 6-7min.
              Last edited by #1Assassin; 04-26-2012, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Ruddock vs Dokes ,wasnt Dokes in a coma?Possibly the single hardest one punch k.o i remember looking at..

Comment

Comment

Worth a mention

Also i cant remember the fight but there wasa George Foreman ko where he was winging punches at a guy missing andthen the guy dips low and gets nailed by a huge uppercut. Between George Foreman's ridiculously heavy hands, him going all out on the punch, and the guy ducking into it I reckon its the biggest single shot ive seen.

Edit: Jose roman 2mins 20.

Just brutal
                    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 04-05-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Worth a mention

Also i cant remember the fight but there wasa George Foreman ko where he was winging punches at a guy missing andthen the guy dips low and gets nailed by a huge uppercut. Between George Foreman's ridiculously heavy hands, him going all out on the punch, and the guy ducking into it I reckon its the biggest single shot ive seen.

Edit: Jose roman 2mins 20.

Just brutal
                      That was Mike Jameson..the mouth piece flew into the seats...but hardest ever and direct punch...I stand by my example.

Comment

Working...
                      X