Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a hard workout at the gym, and lifting weights, whats good to eat or drink?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a hard workout at the gym, and lifting weights, whats good to eat or drink?

I know this belongs in the training forum, but **** that place. I feel at home right here....

I have been hitting the gym really hard this last week (I plan on making this a routine), and putting in a lot of time and effort....

One guy told me that it is good to drink regular milk after a workout because it has a bunch of protein.....

The thing is, I dont know whether or not that is true, and I dont know what is good to eat.

I eat dinner before the gym, and get him around 9:00 pm.... What is a good little snack and what is something good to drink after a hard workout?

depends on whether you are Bulking or cutting. You definitely want to get some protein in asap to help with the recovery process of the fibers you just broke down.

Eggs, Tuna(or any fish), steaks, salads, protein shakes are all very popular. it just depends on if you're trying to gain mass or get toned.

Comment

I always train at night right before dinner so I am eating dinner 10-15 minutes after I finish. I typically either eat chicken breast with vegetables (if I could be bothered) or eggs.

Comment

Depends if your cutting or bulking like AND said.

If you're bulking, it's quite simple actually. If you're cutting, I would eat a salad or some fruits. Anything with low carbs and saturates basically.

Comment

If you want to get big, listen to this gentleman.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
            depends on whether you are Bulking or cutting. You definitely want to get some protein in asap to help with the recovery process of the fibers you just broke down.

Eggs, Tuna(or any fish), steaks, salads, protein shakes are all very popular. it just depends on if you're trying to gain mass or get toned.
            I'm just trying to lose weight in my stomach ( I do alot of cardio for that), get my chest more solid and tone my arms..... I'm not trying to get cut with a six pack, and defined chest or this or that..... Like I just more definition in my arms, and a more solid chest.....

Comment

Drink piss like your hero Juan Manuel Marquez. Lol jk.

Comment

tacos and burritos...wash it down with some tecate.

Comment

best thing to do is eat.. with alot of protein, if you dont have access to food right away drink a protein shake.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
                    best thing to do is eat.. with alot of protein, if you dont have access to food right away drink a protein shake.
                    Yeah that's what this guy was saying..... He said a protien shake is good, but if I guy home, eat some cheese and Wheat Thins with two glasses of milk, it would be almost as good, and I wouldn't have to take the horrible taste of a protien shake.....

But again, I'm not sure whether to believe him or not...

That's what I have been doing...

He also said that if I drink milk before I go to sleep, that the protien in milk burns fat while you're sleeping.

Comment

Working...
                    X