Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: If Anybody Saw Flaws They Can Capitalize On - Call Al!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
    I like that razzle dazzle footwork Spence showed in the last round. Didn't realize he possessed such nimble feet. So, maybe there's stuff to this guy's arsenal that we haven't seen yet!
    People also missed the high IQ things he was doing in the close exchanges. Caught a lot of punches with his gloves. Also was using his head to adjust Peterson to open up shots. Some of the best inside worked I've seen since Floyd fought Cotto.

This kid is nearly the finished article.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
      Not only is Spence big, punch hard, great combination puncher, but he's pretty fast.
      I think he is faster than Thurman, Porter, Garcia, and Crawford.

He is going to be tough to beat at Welterweight.
      His hand speed is very underrated from what I've seen. You can tell by watching how he sets up his combinations to the body that he's firing quick. But I also think the way he programs his opponent allows him to fire more freely.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        Spence hasnt shown that he can Box well backing up... does he have a plan C and Plan D when the gameplan he usually uses doesnt work ?. We dont know yet. What if he cant hit his opponent and is getting outboxed, what if his opponent is bigger and stronger than him ? Does he have another plan? We have yet to see it.
        People always said the same about GGG, but his style got him to the top of the MW division and become one of the best p4p fighters. The supposed "face of boxing" had to rely on a gift draw v GGG, and that's a faded older GGG too.

Point is, it's great to be versatile but if you are extremely good at your plan A, then it's up to others to find a way to beat you.

Also, it's very very rare to find a fighter that's good at everything and has a plan for everything. That's the whole point about styles making fights. There's no doubt Spence is going to come up against someone that gives him a lot of trouble, that's boxing, it doesn't mean is isn't an excellent fighter if he can't just switch up styles at the drop of a hat.

Comment

You are insane Crawford will make him look silly like all of the others. He beat a broken Kell Brook and a shot Lamont Peterson and were all calling this guys the next big thing. He is a nice fighter but not a Crawford

Comment

Al's phone ain't ringing!

Comment

I like that he wants to fight all the top fighters in no particular order. If they say that is the #1 guy he wants to fight him.

Unlike others that want everything to marinate or makes no financial sense

Comment

If yanks dont get behind this lad then boxings finished in america hes knocked out two decent fighters speaks wells exciting and will one day probly be top of p4p rankings

Comment

True warrior calling on in prime fighters no cherry picking now you want him to have plan “D” morons only legends elite ever had a plan C if that he’s growing not done yet

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    His hand speed is very underrated from what I've seen. You can tell by watching how he sets up his combinations to the body that he's firing quick. But I also think the way he programs his opponent allows him to fire more freely.
                    Spence is fast. Top 3 speed (hands, feet is another discussion) at Welterweight. Only Khan, if you still count him at Welterweight, and this version of Pac may have faster hands. Khan throws without thinking though. Spence throws with bad intentions and is pretty accurate. Prime Pac (2010 and pre-2010) is definitely faster, but I think there would be a real argument with the Pac of more recent times.

I see what you're saying. Maybe the way his opponents stay there allows Spence to fire his combination quicker. I think there is some truth to that, but I suspect Spence will still be pretty fast if there is a moving target, although it could make his accuracy drop.
                    Crawford doesn't look that fast even when he has an opponent right in front of him.
                    Look at his fight with Jean and Diaz. Crawford wasn't throwing fast combos like Spence is.
                    And I think Crawford has pretty good speed.
                    Spence is probably faster than some may think and that could surprise people.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      And whilst we are at it, if anyone wants to fight once a year and not get exposed to the mainstream sports fan, call Al!
                      Shut your hoe ass up! Didn't Spence come to your country and make your guy quit in his back yard? Oh alright. Didn't Floyd beat the brakes off of Hatton knocked him smooth the fuuck out in the 10th round?

What you should be saying is Haymon please keep them killers away from UK domestic fighters because your best fighters would destroy our best fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X