No announcement yet.

Explain to me the damage McGregor-Mayweather will do to the sport of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Just had 2 PPV's do over a million buys. Both PPV's had two guys with recognizable names. PPV is still about names. Put no names on PPV & you gonna get 150k buys. It ain't rocket science
    not confirm. just he say she say.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
      Don't forget sometimes you have up to 3 different champions in the same weight class from the same organization.
      Interim, regular, super champ. Etc.
      Ever tried explaining that stuff to someone who doesnt know boxing?

They get confused as hell lmao

Comment

Just had 2 PPV's do over a million buys. Both PPV's had two guys with recognizable names. PPV is still about names. Put no names on PPV & you gonna get 150k buys. It ain't rocket science
        and it's funny because before there was talks about floyd/conor, posters on here were saying floyd/pac killed boxing and put a dent on it. fans dont wanna pay for ppv anymore because of what they saw in the floyd/pac fight. now that floyd/conor fight might actually happen, all of a sudden, boxing is back to normal, nothing has change, this will be good for boxing, LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
          Ever tried explaining that stuff to someone who doesnt know boxing?

They get confused as hell lmao
          I don't. I just tell them the lineal champ in each division. Although that takes some explaining.
          They always wonder why there is a 112, 115 and 118, 122. division. Like you could eat a sandwich and be in a different division.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            and it's funny because before there was talks about floyd/conor, posters on here were saying floyd/pac killed boxing and put a dent on it. fans dont wanna pay for ppv anymore because of what they saw in the floyd/pac fight. now that floyd/conor fight might actually happen, all of a sudden, boxing is back to normal, nothing has change, this will be good for boxing, LOL!!!!
            Well I was never one of those fans. The fans and writers who said that started saying that after GGG-Lemieux did 150k. But they didn't say that a two months later when Canelo-Cotto did 900k. Why didn't May/Pac kill the PPV numbers for that fight?

Comment

chris vanherdeen was whooping that ass....

this fight is an absolute joke

Comment

Well I was never one of those fans. The fans and writers who said that started saying that after GGG-Lemieux did 150k. But they didn't say that a two months later when Canelo-Cotto did 900k. Why didn't May/Pac kill the PPV numbers for that fight?
                after may/pac all the ppv #'s that has been false. reports from the promotor only not anywhere else. canelo vs cotto was suppose to be pretty big but didnt even hit 1mil.

how much did canelo vs khan did?

canelo vs smith?

ggg vs brook?

Comment

Same, the fight doesn't bother me that much. I see it for what it is, a business opportunity. Good luck to them. Nobody is being forced to spend money on it.

I don't take it seriously as a boxing match. It's just an exhibition. See it for what it is and enjoy the entertainment. I'm sure the build up will be fun and the fight itself will be worth watching just out of curiosity.

There's no denying the fight is a joke but as i say, if you don't wanna watch it then don't.

These guys would be stupid to pass up a money making opportunity like this.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    after may/pac all the ppv #'s that has been false. reports from the promotor only not anywhere else. canelo vs cotto was suppose to be pretty big but didnt even hit 1mil.

how much did canelo vs khan did?

canelo vs smith?

ggg vs brook?
                    So if all the numbers are false what are you basing your opinion on? You said the PPV numbers have taken a hit. But you said the numbers are false.

Comment

So if all the numbers are false what are you basing your opinion on? You said the PPV numbers have taken a hit. But you said the numbers are false.
                      im talking about the numbers you're claiming that it did!! those arent the real numbers and you know this. its just numbers oscar says it did.

Comment

Working...
                      X