Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch willing to fight Sergio Martinez at catchweight, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Martinez already fought a cruiserweight so the size shouldn't be a problem.

I say Froch takes this tho. Well conditioned, good chin and definitely better than the opposition Martinez has faced.

I take it you're referencing Chavez Jr? Freddie Roach thinks Jr's a natural 168lb fighter at this point so it's a decent comparision with Froch weight-wise but would Pavlik be a comparison fight style-wise?

Martinez would certainly be favorite at this point but then everyone is favoured v Froch.

If they both come through their rematches, imo they should make this fight in Vegas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip Chudd

This would be a real good fight. I need to see Sergio after this surgery before I can make a pick. But if he is still as mobile and slick as he previously was then I could see him pulling it out. I also think Froch could knock him out too. Man I wish this fight could happen

yeah I agree, Martinez's movement could be key in any meeting between them
    I am referring to Chavez but do you really think Chavez is a natural 160/8 pounder? We all know Roach is full of it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I say Martinez wins it via decision or its going to be Froch vs Taylor II

Comment

This fight needs to be made

Comment

I've picked against Froch too many times and lost, the only time I got it right was against Ward.

Froch knocks Sergio the fcuk out. Sergio boxes the ears of Froch for many rounds and makes Froch look really bad, but then somewhere from round 8 onwards, Froch puts his foot on the gas and pulls off what Junior couldn't, a devastating stoppage through sheer determination and heart

Damn, I'm excited thinking about it

Comment

Froch's ability as just a fighter is really underrated forget intangibles and stuff you can teach or really measure. Froch is a damn good fighter regardless of how he looks getting the job done.

Comment

Froch is one of my favorite fighters, but Ward gave him problems with slickness and just out boxing him. Sergio has the slick part down and his feints/speed I think are just too much for Froch to handle, would absolutely LOVE to Froch win though. This is definitely a fight I would like to see, make it happen DiBella (fat chance.)

Comment

Froch by mid to late round KO. Too strong for Sergio

Comment

One of the very few times where all I can say is; I honestly don't know.

Not even the slightest idea. The definition of 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    Froch is one of my favorite fighters, but Ward gave him problems with slickness and just out boxing him. Sergio has the slick part down and his feints/speed I think are just too much for Froch to handle, would absolutely LOVE to Froch win though. This is definitely a fight I would like to see, make it happen DiBella (fat chance.)
                    DiBella seemed to think a Froch fight is a possibility...

DiBella didn’t completely rule out Martinez moving up in weight, though, offering a possible exception.

If Carl Froch were to pull off what a lot of people are gonna think is an upset and beat [Andre] Ward, that might be one guy down the line that could match-up with Sergio, because Carl’s not a big ’68 pounder.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      DiBella seemed to think a Froch fight is a possibility...
                      DiBella isn't dumb, he knows Sergio's stock has gone through the roof he isn't about to put him in there with Froch I promise you. We'll get Martinez/Chavez II, Sergio will win again and then we'll get Martinez/Chavez III and Martinez will lose and that'll be that. DiBella is just as bad as Arum when it comes to not wanting his fighters to lose same with Golden Boy. Yes, they want the best to fight the best, but if you are a draw you'll get brought up easy like Canelo while guys like Mattyse will have to fight any and everyone to get the same chances. All these rich ****s are the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X